chapter 28 - deja vu

one week passed by like a flash and before i realised it i was getting ready for my last night at Billie's house.

as i was putting my pyjamas on i noticed Billie sitting in the backyard all alone. i thought she was in the bathroom brushing her teeth. i quickly went out to the backyard to join her.

as i went closer to her i could hear a song playing.

I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I've been searching for a trail to follow again
Take me back to the night we met

i sat down on the bench next to her quietly. "hey that's a sad song".

" shit, i didn't hear you coming Skylar. i- yes the song is sad because i am too" she mumbled.

"why are you sad baby?" i asked genuinely concerned.

"don't play dumb Skylar. you're fucking leaving tomorrow, what am i supposed to do? throw a party or something?" she said, raising her voice. she sounded as if she was crying earlier.

"don't fucking yell at me Billie. you know very damn well that it's not my fault things need to go this way. it's not my fault my parents decided to kick me out and stopped giving me money. i need this job. it's the only way to have a stable life" i screamed louder than her.

"fuck i know it, Skylar, i'm aware" she spoke calmly. "i want you to go, i really do. i am happy and proud of you but i just don't like imagining my life without you here".

"Billie, i'd also love to stay here or take you to New York with me but we both know this is only some kind of science fiction scenario" i confessed.

the song she was playing earlier ended and she went over her phone to restart it. she looked so effortlessly beautiful under the moonlight. the way her hands moved was soft and smooth, the screen of the device she was holding lighted up her face, showcasing her perfectly structured face. her nose scrunched slightly and a smile flickered on her lips.

"remember the night we slow danced to this song?" she asked and i nodded. "that night was really really special to me. i realised something that night".

" so what is this something you realised?" i asked, raising my eyebrow.

Billie moved closer to me, grabbed both of my hands and held them tight.
the music playing in the background seemed to fade as i got lost in her eyes. something about her eyes made me never want to look away. she cleared her throat before speaking up.

"i- Skylar, ugh" words seemed too heavy to get out of her mouth. she looked down and broke the contact between our eyes. my right hand flew to her chin immediately and tilted her head up just so i could stare at her. she was like the most precious piece of art. i could admire her beauty forever.

suddenly her eyes shimmered and a wide teeth grin grew on her face. my heart skipped a beat. this girl was mine. how did i even get so lucky?

she squished my hands a little harder, the pupils of her eyes became wider and darker. she inhaled deeply before attempting to speak up again.

"i love you Skylar" she confessed and by the look in her eyes, i could tell how much she meant it. "this is what i figured that day, i'm in love with you". her body was slightly shaking.

"i love you Billie!" i squealed with excitement in my voice. "i love you, i love you, i love you" i repeated, again and again, relieved that i could finally say these words out loud.

one would have kissed their lover at a moment like this but i felt like a hug would be warmer, more meaningful. i wrapped my arms around her waist harshly yet my touch was light as a feather and buried my head in the crook of her neck. with her arms around my neck, i started whispering in her ear.

"remember when i came back home from that stupid motel?" i asked and felt her nodding, still not letting each other go. "well, that night was when it really hit me. i know this sounds cheesy as fuck but you made me understand the meaning of making love, not just fucking, you know?".

she eventually let me go and cupped my face with her hands. "i know baby. i feel the same way" she said while staring directly into my eyes.

that's when the kiss came. our first kiss ever since we admitted we loved each other. fuck, why was i nervous? i had kissed her a million times before.

she leaned in and pressed her plump lips against mine. it took me a second to react and kiss her back. our movements were slow, completely in synch. her hands travelled up and down my sides, making me shiver under her touch. the air in the atmosphere was electric. none of us seemed capable to pull away, like her lips were made of iron and i was a magnet.

i had kissed her a million times before, and also, this was the first time i ever tasted her.

two lovers, loving each other, kissing in one's backyard, would seem perfect unless one of them was flying across the country next morning.

A/N: AYYYYYY I LOVE THIS CHAPTER :)))) it's kind of short but i really like it kshsksigakak

sorry i havent updated in a while i was at camp, having the time of my life and im literally so fucking happy.

i know i never said anything about the album but i FUCKING LOVE happier than ever and all the songs are so dope and they already mean so much to me ahhhhhhh.

not sure yet but i think my top 3 are

happier than ever
your power
getting older