chapter 8 - needed to be said

"hey Bil, im done. i'm driving over to your house right now" i said on the phone.

"did it go well?" she asked.

"uh it was fine i guess. i'll tell you everything when i get there"

"okay Skylar, drive safe" she told me.

"i'll see you soon Billie, bye". i hung up.

_________

i parked my car outside of Billie's home and got out. i knocked the door slightly.

"hey Skylar! Billie is waiting for you in her room" Maggie said opening the door.

"hey Maggie!" i greeted her back and walked over Billie's room.

the door was open so i just stepped in.

"oh my God, you actually came" she exclaimed excitedly.

"of course i came. did you think i wouldn't?" i asked raising my eyebrow.

"i don't know, i kinda felt like you would leave me because i annoy you" she admitted.

"are you serious? i am beyond happy to have you next to me, you are not annoying at all" i explained, trying to comfort her.

"i hope so" she chuckled. "so are you gonna tell me what happened?"

"oh yeah i forgot"

"im listening"

"well i went into the house using my keys and i found my dad sitting in the living room...

a few hours earlier

"um hey dad" i spoke up and he turned to my direction.

"oh hey Skylar. you're here to get your stuff, right?"

"yeah but first i have a question. do you really agree with mom about this whole situation?" i asked. i didn't want to fight with him, i was genuinely just curious.

"listen Skylar, we don't like this kind of stuff. you just have to understand that girls can't date girls. boys can't date boys. you are supposed to find a nice guy, marry him, start a family like every normal person does. if you don't wanna follow this lifestyle, i don't think we can support. your mom gave you the chance to change your mind but since you don't want to do it there isn't another option" he informed me. his voice was calm, unlike mom's last night.

i was so mad. my dad always claimed he loved me unconditionally. suddenly all this love went away just because i like girls. this. is. bullshit.

"ugh whatever, i don't wanna have this conversation again". i shrugged my shoulders and headed upstairs to my room.

after about 45 minutes i packed everything i wanted to take with me. i didn't bother to pack the stuff i didn't want to keep anymore. i wanted my parents to deal with this chore.

once i was ready i went downstairs but walked over the door.

"Skylar" i heard my dad's voice from the couch.

"what?" i asked angrily.

"your keys" he said and i looked at him confused. "you don't need them anymore. give them to me"

i did as i was told and without saying a word a went out and put all my stuff in the car, two fully packed suitcases and two backpacks.

back to present time

"and yeah that's pretty much what happened. my mind still can't process the fact that this is true. like i really got kicked out"

"come here" she said and opened her arms for a hug.

i wrapped my arms around her neck and she hugged my waist. i melted into her touch.

unexpectedly, i didn't cry this time. i just felt like my stupid parents didn't even deserve my tears.

"i am so sorry Skylar. i am here to help you. i promise i'll do everything in my power to make you happy" she mumbled.

"Billie you treat me nicer than anyone has ever done, that's already more than enough" i replied.

"um wanna go get your stuff inside?" she suggested, changing the topic of the conversation.

"Billie i'm not staying here tonight. i assume you have some sort of interview or meeting or photoshoot these days because i know you're always busy as fuck and i don't wanna be a burden. i'll stay at a motel or something"

"what?" she mumbled.

"i'll stay at a motel tonight. i don't wanna bother you or your family for any longer" i repeated.

"Skylar i told you a million times you can stay here for as long as you need to. i won't let you pay for a motel when you can stay here for free"

"yeah you're just saying this to be polite" i uttered with a bit of attitude in my voice.

"no Skylar i do mean it. i don't want to force you to stay here if you don't feel comfortable but you tried to kill yourself last night. how can i be sure that you won't hurt yourself again? i want you safe Skylar. all i want to do is make you happy" she said raising her voice but not in an angry tone.

"and why do you care so much anyway?" i questioned with an attitude i didn't mean to have. i was glad she cared, i just didn't understand why.

"because.." she began but hesitated to finish the sentence.

"because?"

"because i like you Skylar" she admitted and looked at me straight in my dark brown eyes.

A/N: do you guys like the book so far?

Billie confessed she likes Skylar omggg :))

anyway i hate Skylar's parents so much but there has to be someone annoying in this story lol

thank you to whoever is voting, commenting and generally just reading ilyy <33