06 ⳾*⑅*❀⑅*

-ˏˋ ♡⑅ Emotions ⑅♡ ˊˎ-
감정

Mun Seok's POV:

It wasn't that dark yet as I skipped along the way to school. It was only 5 PM. It's good the teachers weren't giving any homework because of the festival preparations.

I walked inside the school. A few students were there, some were there for extra classes while some were doing the preparations for the festival. 

I was on my way to the music room when I heard two voices from inside.

"...I just want to-"

"No you don't! You know it can't be the same as before, not after-" It was Taehyun, along with some other guy whom I didn't recognize.

"And are you going to spend your entire life blaming yourself about it? Are you gonna spend your days all alone, pushing away everyone who tries to be your friend? Soobin is sorry too-"

"If he was he'd come to say that to me himself, why are you saying it for him? As for friends....I already have one," he said coldly.

"Huh?" The other guy had confusion all over his face.

Taehyun sighed. "You heard me, I already have a friend. As for me being lonely, no. It's gonna change, starting now. So I suggest you stop bothering me, hyung."

The other guy opened his mouth as if he was gonna argue but closed it. "Alright, fine. I won't bother you or your depressing life." 

My eyes widened and I rushed away to the lockers as the other guy left. Thank god he didn't see me.

"He's gone, you can come in," Taehyun appeared at the door.

I snapped my face to him but he had already gone inside so I just followed him. 

"I-I didn't mean to eavesdrop-" I began pathetically.

"It's fine," he cut in. "Sorry you had to wait."

"I-its alright," I replied, a bit fazed.

"We should eat first," he said.

"Huh?"

"You said you were bringing food."

"Oh, yeah." I took out two boxes of tteokbokki. "Here."

"Thanks," he said and took the box from me. I looked at him and he gave me a small smile. I sat up with a jolt.

"Do you mind if I ask..." I began as I picked up my chopsticks.

"Hm?" he asked as he took a big bite. He must not have eaten much.

"Earlier you said that you had a friend, and I'm not trying to be nosy but-"

"You," he cut in. Again.

"What?"

"I was talking about you," he said while chewing. "You said we're friends, right?"

"O-oh, yeah."

We continued to eat in silence. "Should we get started on working then?" Taehyun smiled.

"O-oh yeah, sure," I replied.

Taehyun got out a bunch of papers. "We need to supply audio connection to wherever the Festival will be held. Can you go through the places for me?"

"Oh, sure! That would be...the front ground, the hallways, and the first floor."

We continued our discussion, Taehyun pitching in with ideas every now and then.

I checked the time. 8 pm. Oh no.

"It's getting late, I should be getting home," I spoke up.

"Sure, yeah. I'll walk you home."

"You don't have-" I began but he was already outside. I sighed and shook my head.

We walked in silence. I was itching to say something, wanting to break the ice, but I didn't quite know what to say.

"So, uh," Taehyun spoke up. "Iwaswonderingifyoucanintroducemetoyourfriends."

I blinked. "Can you say that again? I didn't quite catch you."

"I was wondering if, uh....if you could introduce me to your friends."

"Oh, yeah, definitely!" I beamed. I laughed at the thought of Jinhee's reaction when I would tell her.

"G-great then! We're here at your-"

"JEON MUN SEOK!" I silently cursed as my brother appeared from inside the house, fuming.

"I can explain-" I began but guess what, I got cut off again.

"Sir, I took her," Taehyun said. My brother shifted his glare to him. Taehyun flinched a bit, Jungkook softened his gaze. 

"Ah! You're Mun Seok's boyf-"

"LALALA LET'S GO INSIDE IT'S GETTING LATE!!" I shouted and pushed Jungkook inside as I threw Taehyun an apologetic look.

"Seriously?" I glared at Jungkook who shrugged.

I went back outside, and Taehyun was still there.

"Sorry about what happened, he just-"

He began laughing.

Like, really laughing. His eyes closed and his face thrown back, his dimples showing. At some point, I started laughing too.

"You should smile more, instead of being serious all the time," I said.

He stayed silent and scratched his nape.

"I packed dinner for you," I handed him a warm container containing foods.

He smiled awkwardly. "T-thanks."

Wow, he can stammer? That's new.

"I'll get going then," he said as he turned on his heels.

"Get home safely!" I waved.

______________________

Taehyun's POV:

As I walked home holding the warm container, one thing hit me.

Maybe Yeonjun hyung was right. 

And maybe it was wrong of me to neglect anyone, but maybe I needed a fresh start.

It had almost been a year.

Maybe making friends...was not such a bad idea. 

Mun Seok was...she seems like a nice person.

And even though I should have moved on by now, I can't help but be reminded of her every time I look at her.

I shook my head. Stupid human emotions.

It had already ended badly, so why am I still so scared? After what Yeonjun told me that right we broke up, why can't I move on?

I sighed deeply as I entered the house unwillingly. As usual, I found my dad wasted on the couch. I sneaked off upstairs to my room without making a noise. 

I shut the door and let out a breath of relief. I opened the box of food, it was Korean BBQ along with some rice and kimchi. 

On top of a container, I hadn't noticed but a note was stuck there.

'You've been looking really sick today, so I prepared this for you.
Eat well and Goodnight :)
- ☾'