𝟸𝟶-𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕

Start from the beginning

I stepped closer to him with furrowed brows and placed my hand on his cheek when I reached him; feeling like I should be comforting him, "Are you okay?" I glanced down to the attire he was wearing. I didn't like seeing him in this condition; it made me feel sick, "Why are you wearing-"

"What the fuck were you doing there?" He snapped through gritted teeth as he cut me off; making me remove my hand and almost take a step back in surprise at his malicious tone, "I thought I told you to keep your nose out of it, do you not understand what could happen to you?" He continued scolded me, and I was staring at him dumbfounded; wondering what on earth he was talking about, "You promised me you would let it go!"

With narrowed eyes, I snapped back, "I'm going to say this to you one time Anakin; don't ever talk to me like that again," I've been belittled enough in my life and I'm not going to allow him to do the same. He straightened his posture, and eyed me with slight astonishment; like he didn't expect me to match his energy, "And second, what the hell are you even talking about? I haven't done anything, I barely got here five minutes ago." I can't think of a single thing I did in that time that could have earned me this reaction from him. And we were obviously on good terms when I last saw him so I'm really confused right now.

"Five minutes ago?" He knitted his brows together in confusion, "But I-" He broke eye contact with me and glanced down to the floor in thought, "Was I dreaming?" He whispered low to himself, in a tone filled with uncertainty.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was dreaming whatever he's accusing me of, some medications given to these patients can tangle their imaginative minds with reality. Especially sedatives, which I'm guessing has been used on him recently seeing as I doubt he would've been compliant when placed in this attire.

I sighed as I sat down next to him and placed my finger under his chin; lifting his gaze to meet mine, "You probably were," I assured him, and I planned to ask him what it was about, but I had a few other pressing matters on my mind that I wanted to get to first, "Now can you please tell me what's going on." I pleaded, "Why are you like, this?" I removed my hand from his chin and gestured to the straightjacket.

I took in his appearance now that I was closer, and I could see the familiar purple bags resting underneath his bloodshot eyes. He looked exhausted, despite his mini rampage I heard when I arrived.

"I attacked another patient," He responded bluntly, while using his feet to help push his back against the wall. The chains connected to his ankles scraped against the metal railing of his bed-frame.

His response didn't surprise me, but I was curious as to what this patient did to deserve to be on the receiving end of his wrath, "Why?" I tilted my head as I asked.

He smiled weakly, his tired eyes staying on mine, but I could see them begging to be closed, "Are we in a session?"

"Well I do have a lot of questions." I smiled back as I scooted closer to him so our thighs were touching side-by-side, and my back was pressing against the wall just as his was.

He sighed quietly; leaning his head on the wall, "He said some things that he shouldn't have said. So I shut him up, permanently."

My eyes slightly widened, "Oh, you killed him?"

When he said attacked, I assumed the other person was alive, but once again; I can't say I'm surprised. It's disturbing how unfazed I've become from his confessions.