You become friends

The Trapper (Evan Macmillan)

While, sure, sometimes Evan got under your skin, you had to admit, he could be pretty fun to hang out with, plus, getting under his skin was fun too. Today, you were at one of his favorite places, an older bar closer to the outskirts of town. The place looked like cockroaches would have a fun night out in it, with it's lack of windows and flashing neon signs.

Inside it smelt like alcohol and a touch of weed, with burly men sat in different seats or playing pool. Overall, you were glad you were with the trapper, because if you weren't, you'd definitely be dead by now. Oddly, the bar goers seemed to have an understood respect for Evan, and with that a respect for you.

Evan sat at the bar, patting the seat beside him for you. "What would you like today, Mr. Macmillan." The barkeep said, polishing off a glass.

"I'll have a whiskey on the rocks, and for her, I don't know, maybe a club soda?" Evan said, clearly having an asshole smirk underneath his mask.

"No thank you. I'll have a double shot of vodka, please." You said, giving trapper the finger as he gave a gruff laugh.

"I'm surprised, pinkie pie. I thought you'd be too dainty for a real drink."

"No, you just have a hard time realizing other people exist over your massive ego."

The drinks came to the spots, and in all honesty you weren't used to taking shots. You just ordered something that you thought would sound cool. You took a deep inhale and chugged the burning liquid, your eyes becoming a little more damp with the substance going down your esophagus.

"Wow, how tough of you. I'm scared." Evan said, sipping on his drink.

"Exactly. I understand you try to keep a big act like you're tough, but deep down, you actually care about things and people."

Before Evan could respond, another man walked up to him. "Hey, Evan! It's been awhile. I see you brought this sexy little thing with you." You furrowed your brows at him, indicating you weren't interested. "Ohhh, she's got a temper. I wonder how long it lasts."

Evan grabbed the man's wrist. "Listen here. She's not into you, so if you still like your teeth in your skull, leave her alone."

The man walked away, leaving you and Evan in silence. "This place smells like shit, wanna bail?" He said to you and you nodded. "Damn, I wish I would've been able to get a buzz first."

Outside, the moon was bright, illuminating all of Evan's back muscles. "You know you don't always have to prove you're strong to me, right? I get that you're super stereotypically strong or whatever, but you don't have to put yourself in danger." You said, arms crossed.

"I was just protecting you. If you don't want that I could kill you, right here and now." Evan said, turning around to face you.

"I understand you were trying to protect me, but going here in the first place was just you trying to prove you're stronger than me."

"What exactly would I gain from that, hmm?"

"It would probably just make your ego bigger, as if it needs to be any bigger."

"Why can't you just be grateful that someone is trying to protect you?"

"I wouldn't have put myself in that situation in the first place."

"Fine, if you're so grown up, then walk yourself home."

"Ok, I will." You stated, beginning to walk back towards the heart of the town. Of course Evan wouldn't let you do that, so he pulled up beside you and let you get in his car anyways. He truly does care about you, but he can be a hot head.