Perfect World

'Sana-ssi, I've picked up Kim Yeoni-ssi and delivered your letter. We're on our way to Marina Bay Sands now.'

It was a text from Anish, the Singaporean driver that the IPG had entrusted to pick up Yeoni from the airport today. I smiled and texted back immediately.

'Thank you, Mr. Anish. Please drive safely.'

Somehow I felt giddy knowing that Yeoni had arrived in Singapore and that he was safe under Anish's care. I knew he'd stay with Jennie, and I might not even have a chance to spend time with him with all the busyness of the MAMA event today. But–I thought–waiting for your good friend to come was always nice, wasn't it?

"Shit, why do we have to get such an early schedule for the sound check?" complained Dahyun, checking herself in the mirror.

I looked up to her and giggled

I looked up to her and giggled. She always complained. Jeongyeon entered the living room from our bedroom and slapped Dahyun's thick butt. The pale girl jolted.

"Ya! Don't complain so much! We're a large group... So it'll take more time for the crew to get us ready. We should be thankful that we're allowed to have lunch first!" she said while grinning.

Dahyun sighed, but she chuckled nonetheless. She looked around and saw that the three of us were ready to go, so she picked up her duffel bag and started walking to the door with us. We were just about to leave our suite when suddenly Dahyun looked down to her feet and gasped.

"What is it, Dubu?" I asked her.
"I forgot to wear my comfy sneakers!" she said.
"Eeh? You didn't give it to Minsoo yesterday for him to bring it to the stadium earlier?" I asked her in surprise.

Although most of our performance outfits were prepared by JYPE, all nine of us always wore something extra that belonged to ourselves. Most of the time it was accessory items such as our lucky bracelets or necklace, but some other times it was the sneakers or safety shorts we were most comfortable to perform in.

Before a big event such as MAMA today, we'd collect our specific personal items and give it to our manager to bring to the venue beforehand so that we won't forget it. Last night, I thought all nine of us had given everything to Minsoo, who left earlier this morning to the venue to prepare our dressing room, but evidently Dahyun had forgotten to do so.

"I thought I'd just wear it today, you know. So that I won't have to change again later!" she said, sounding disappointed at herself. Jeongyeon sighed.
"It's alright, Dubu. Just wear it quickly! We'll wait for you," she said kindly. Dahyun shook her head.
"No, no, Unnie, don't wait for me. I still need to find it in my luggage! I haven't worn it the whole time we're here. You two go down first and meet the others! I'll catch up!" she said as she ran back inside.
"Don't take too long!" I exclaimed.
"I won't! Don't worry!" I heard her reply from inside the suite.

Jeongyeon and I chuckled and closed the door, walking slowly to the lift lobby. Jeongyeon flung her long arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek. I squealed and kissed her back.