Dominated

"Are you sure you're okay?" asked Minsoo.

I chuckled and slapped the youngster's back. Of course I wasn't okay. I was drunk, I knew that much, but I wouldn't think of asking him or Ansel to help me home. I was a grown man, I was older than these two guys, and my pride was at risk.

"Ye... ah... hic ... sure!" I said, slurring my words. Shit. I was dead drunk.

Ansel looked at me with a concerned look. Damn this guy. Why did he have to look so poised and calm after drinking like a whale? Was it because he was American? Wait... What was he? He was Japanese, right? Or American? Shit... I wasn't thinking straight.

"Do you want me to get you a cab home?" Minsoo asked again.

Fuck this kid. He was much younger than I was, and he too drank a lot, but he still looked sober. Was I that weak?

"N–No. I'm fine! M'fine! I'll get sum... haejangguk... head'ome. I life... live... hic... live nearby anyway!" I said groggily.

Ansel chuckled and grabbed Minsoo's shoulder.

"Come on, Minsoo-ssi, let's just leave him be

"Come on, Minsoo-ssi, let's just leave him be. He's fine," he said. Minsoo looked concerned, but he hesitantly nodded.
"If you say so..." he uttered, not sounding convinced at all.
"Hey, see you around okay, Chuyoung-ssi?" said Ansel, patting me on the back. I nodded.
"Be careful, Chuyoung-ssi," Minsoo said.

I waved my hand absentmindedly.

"Y–Yeah. Hey I'll send'chu the proposals tomorrow morning so... y'can... replay... it!" I said to Minsoo. The young man laughed.
"I'll review it, Chuyoung-ssi," he said, correcting me, before turning to walk towards the bus stop. "Goodbye!"
"I'll also send you mine, Minsoo-ssi," said Ansel. Minsoo nodded, and they both went their separate ways.

I watched them go. Ansel took his car from the roadside and drove away, while Minsoo boarded a bus. I smirked. Shit. They both looked happy doing their jobs... Why was I so miserable in YG?

I walked away, feeling like the world around me was spinning. The neon lights of Gangnam felt so garish and annoying all of a sudden. I took out my e-cigarette to smoke, but only then did I realize that I hadn't charged the device. I cursed my continuous bad luck and walked to the nearest tobacco shop to buy a pack of cigarettes.

As I lit up my cigarette and puffed up a cloud of smoke, I winched. My head was aching. The effect of the bottles of alcohol we consumed still hadn't gone out of my head, but that wasn't the only reason I had a headache. It was December already, that means the time to make my monthly payment to the bosses was approaching soon. Shit. Did I have enough money in my bank account? I still had to purchase the airline tickets and hotel room in Singapore. Why did I keep leaking money like this?

I walked groggily towards the haejangguk restaurant at the ground level of my apartment building. It was a small and simple restaurant, none too fanciful, but the food was actually really good, the place was cozy, and the sajangnim was kind enough to allow me to eat there for free during the first few months after that mishap last year with the IPG.