nevertheless (11.)

this is a fic inspired by the korean drama nevertheless

***

i don't know how professor martinez expects me to finish this sculpture by the weekend, you thought, feeling yourself tense up with stress. you let out a sigh but continued molding your clay to add it onto your piece.

you were a third year in college; majoring in sculpture. it was what you loved the most in the world. you loved that you could create something beautiful out of nothing and you were pretty damn good at it.

currently, you were in your assigned studio at school, not noticing the sun was beginning to set. the time read 7:56. you were completely lost in your own world and didn't see your best friend, sol, enter the studio.

"bitch, when do you plan on leaving this place?" she almost shouted, making you jump at least two inches off the ground. you dropped the tool you were holding and placed your hand right above your erratic heart.

"dude, you scared the shit out of me," you breathed out, scowling when you noticed her trying not to laugh. she helped pick up your stuff and placed it on your desk. "you're done for tonight, let's go out with the others for drinks," she said while grabbing your bag and phone.

you were about to start protesting but she cut you off immediately. "no, i don't want to hear it," she said, "you're always stuck in here doing some work. you deserve a break. let's go eat and have some drinks."
she was right, i deserve this. with that, you took off your apron and walked out with her.

***

everyone had decided they wanted kbbq. your favorite place to eat. especially the lettuce wraps with spicy chicken, rice,  kimchi and gochujang. your mouth was watering just thinking about it.

during the drive you decided to touch up your make-up that had somewhat worn off during the day. you reapplied some concealer, blush and light lipstick. your fit consisted of a white crop top, mom jeans and white platform chucks.