04

║ TEENAGE BOYS WILL BE TEENAGE BOYS

তততততততততততত

ALEXANDRA LAUGHED AS LIP LIMPED FORWARD, IAN SUPPORTING HIM WITH AN ARM OVER HIS SHOULDERS.

She'd realised on the chase from the old man on his bike, shouting about religion (Harlots and something) that she'd injured her wrist in the jump from the window. She figured if she returned home with her wrist in it's current state, somebody would be on the chopping block. She loved her family and their protective nature, but it was indeed a barrier when making friends. They were always on edge and if somebody put a foot wrong with their sweet, innocent youngest (or at least that's how her family described her to the public) they'd... disappear for a while or at least end up with mysterious injuries. A "holiday" was the term her father often used, sugar coating his true actions.

Alexandra now stood outside the Gallagher house, enemy terrain. It was the only place that apparently had lots of ice to ice her most likely sprained wrist (or so Phillip had insisted). But with all the Gallagher's inside it was like she was sneaking into Fort Knox, instead of the house that closely resembled a slightly large garden shed.

Ian had been on distraction duty and he'd been successful to an extent. Alex currently resided in the wardrobe of Lip and Ian's room, after insisting he'd taken all of their... undergarments out and sprayed a ton of air freshener.

"Top of the freezer. Two ice collars. Don't drop them, they can split." Veronica had instructed after examining Lip's injured toe.
"Right." Ian nodded quickly, his eyes wide.
"Top of the cupboard, above the sink. Liquid ibuprofen, freeze spray and and micro thermal bandages."
"Shouldn't he get it x-rayed?" Fiona worried.
"Oh. Grow up, Fiona. He'll be there till midnight and for what? Sub-metatarsal haeomatoma. Yeah, cheers, we knew that five hours back."

"Micro thermal bandages. Sizes eight and ten, make that two of each. Front bedroom, top of the video. Fags and lighter." Veronica instructed Ian. She had known the Gallagher's for a while and Phillip Gallagher had never had his room smelling nice (unless he was trying to get a new girl into his bed). She had a feeling there was a girl hidden somewhere, probably Phillip's partner in crime and potentially injured to. She figured she'd leave some bandages and ice behind for his new piece to sort herself rather than worrying Fiona. She already over concerned herself with these kids, forced to play a parental role at her age.

Ian raced out the door, quickly racing back into the bedroom at a knock on the door.

"Tell them we're not in!"
"Or you just don't know us, please Fiona." The two boys pleaded. Lip limped around the room desperately, as if he could find a place that suddenly made him invisible. He dived to the floor, hiding beside his bed. Ian mirroring his actions, as if they couldn't be seen from the doorway and they were somehow safe.
"What have you two done?" Fiona snapped, hurrying downstairs to the door.

Alex took her opportunity to escape, hearing footsteps retreat and figured the room was safe. It was quite the opposite.

"Phillip Gallagher, this is the last time I set foot in this house. And hide with your.. I never knew what hell looked like." Alex shuddered at the thought of what germs lived on the dirty clothing that was scattered in parts of the wardrobe.

"They're not mine. They're Carl's." Lip argued, popping up from his hiding place. A clearing of a throat quickly silenced the two teenagers. Alex glanced up to see a middle aged woman, with her hands on her hips.

"Veronica. She hurt her wrist, swear."
"Heyy Veronica. We're not... well.. no I wouldn't touch him with one of those long poles." Alexandra stumbled and gave her best innocent smile to the new older woman.
"Make sure Fiona doesn't find her and she better be gone before tonight." Veronica warned.

"You're not gonna tell Fiona?" Lip winced as Veronica worked on his toe. Ian had reappeared previously, leaving the supplies and quickly leaving the awkward room.
"Teenage boys will be teenage boys. She already worries about you lot enough."

"Thanks Vee."
"You're still not getting your leg over." Alex warned, pushing herself up. She winced and let out a string of curse words, after she caught her wrist off the wardrobe.

"What are you waiting for? Christmas?" Veronica scoffed, gesturing to her wrist and held up the ice pack, with the bandage indicating she'd help.

তততততততততততত

"WHO BUYS A WASHING MACHINE MACHINE AS A LOVE GIFT?"

"It had flowers inside it. Apparently that's how you wow my sister." Lip shrugged, taking a drag of his cigarette.
"Very romantic. Remind me to never try to wow a Gallagher." Alex took a drink from the stolen bottle of vodka.

Fiona had left to The Jockey or presumably a day date with Steve (Lip could only presume.) Lip had bribed Carl to leave the house, after he'd insisted on being present in the room. He wanted to watch if anything happened, very strange kid. The two teenagers now had the house to themselves, leading to procuring a bottle of vodka from the kitchen.

"Ooh you're interested in a Gallagher? Are you trying to cause world war three?"
"Don't get your hopes up. The only decent one is gay." She pouted dramatically.

"He's not gay."
"He is gay, straight people don't look at these." Alex glanced over at the gay magazines, tilting her head in confusion at some of the positions.

Lip cracked up at her scrunched up face. They were both pretty drunk after drinking a lot of the bottle, now in a drunken playful stage.
"That's easy." Lip grinned, making a daring move. He got up from the bed and knocked the magazine out of her hands. Gazing at the image with a mischievous smirk. She quickly found herself tangled into the position with Lip smirking above her.

"Hey! I didn't ask for a demonstration." She puffed her cheeks out dramatically. Lip was silent for probably the first time in his life. Perhaps it was his drunken state, or perhaps the beauty of the girl under him. He found himself noticing how her eyes lit up as she laughed, the loose baby hairs sticking out from her forehead. All of the little things he never usually noticed in a girl, (besides their chest and their bum).

"Helllo. Earth to Phillip Gallagher." Alex declared dramatically, yanking a hand free and waving it in front of his face.
Phillip quickly cleared his throat and tried to pretend he hadn't just been staring her in the face, for a while.
"Yes?"
"I want more alcohol."
"There's probably a few warm beers around the house that Frank has left." Lip hummed, his hands tightening around her hands to support himself.

"I think I should go home. I don't want you... to get murdered to by my... father. Or maybe my mother.. she can be... violent." She hiccuped.
Lip chuckled at her new found goofiness, a stark contrast against her usual bad girl act.

"Let's get you home."
Phillip released her from their compromising position and grabbed a jacket from the floor. He handed it to the girl before pushing himself up off the bed.

"I'm not your girlfriend. Why do I want this?"
"You never know, plus it's cold out. Could be for either." Lip smirked.