01

║ THE FAMILY BUSINESS

তততততততততততত

ALEXANDRA GROANED SOFTLY, FEELING HER BODY BEING SHAKEN LIGHTLY.
She reached out and grabbed the closest thing to her, the items trajectory aimed at her attacker.

A thump was heard as Mandy Maguire barely dodged the pillow, continuing to shake her sister by the shoulders.
"You do see the sun outside, right?"
"Mhmm.. turn it off." Alexandra whined, dragging herself up from her comfy pillow. She settled against her headboard, dragging her covered knees up to her chest.

"We're always late."
"Fashionably late. They're scared of our family name anyway, I'll just threaten to beat up the principal or something." Alex yawned, making her sister crack up with laughter.

"You're one of a kind." Mandy snorted, chucking her school uniform at her.
Alex scrunched her face up at the drab clothes, dropping the bundle onto her bed after dragging herself out of bed.

She pulled her pyjama shirt over her head, grabbing undergarments from her washing basket and proceeded to get dressed (all the while complaining about how she was a growing girl that needed sleep and school was literally made to brainwash the youth).

তততততততততততত

ALEXANDRA walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and filling it with cereal. She bit back a laugh at the state of her brothers as they stumbled down the stairs, dressed in what she could only assume the first thing they'd pulled on.

"What are you laughing at?"
"The state of you." She smirked, taking a seat at the kitchen table and filling her bowl with milk.
"You've just used the last of the milk." Shane groaned after opening the fridge and seeing no milk.

"There's half a bottle of vodka left from last night, from your wild night. Hair of the dog for breakfast."
"Cornflakes and Vodka...?" He seriously contemplated the combination before there was a knock at the door.

The milkman hurried away from the door and out to his truck, after setting their milk order down.
"I can't believe you were seriously considering it." Mandy cringed.

"Why'd I have to have so many vile sons..." Mimi grumbled as she walked into the kitchen. She slapped Shane behind the head to stop him from him from drinking from the new milk bottle, as he just about touched the bottle to his lips.
"We're the favourites." Alex smiled obnoxiously at her brothers. Mandy leant over the table with a mouthful of cereal and dealt her a high-five, also sporting a smirk. A symbol of agreement, without spitting up her cornflakes.

Mimi fell silent and ignored the down trodden looks of her sons, indeed confirming that her favourite children were probably the girls.
After all, they were still of school age and too young to join the business. This meant they couldn't mess up any drop offs or cause issues with the business; a thing that Mimi hated the most.

"Let the children pick up the supplies and watch the  suppliers faces." Shane grumbled under his breath, pouring some milk into his coffee.
"I'd rather collect drugs than have double history. When can we join the family business?" Alex spoke with a mouthful of cereal. Mimi cringed at the action of cornflakes narrowly missing being spat out, before she regained her composure.

"You're both too young, somebody needs to get an education in this family."
Shane was quick to complain from the other side of the kitchen, adding milk to his coffee and sitting down at the kitchen table.

"You don't have very many brain cells." Mandy shrugged, standing and grabbing her school bag.
Alex hummed in agreement, deserting her bowl of cornflakes and following her sister's lead.
"It's okayy, you get to be a big bad drug dealer and kick doors in." Alex cooed to her brother, ruffling his hair.

Shane quickly grabbed his mug, about to throw the cooled coffee in the direction of his sister but was quickly shut down (by a dangerous glare from their mother).
Alex snickered under her breath, directing a smug smile and raised eyebrows at Shane upon the turning of her mother's back.Before the two finally left for school, in their own time (definitely not following real world time).