02

║ PHILLIP GALLAGHER

তততততততততততত

ALEXANDRA MAGUIRE HAD NEVER BEEN A TOP STUDENT. It was quite clear that she didn't have much of an interest, in her current lesson. Maths. The stuff of her nightmares, followed closely by double history.

The clock ticked loudly on the wall, dragging in comparison to how Alex wished the last half and hour of her last lesson would fly by. She doodled in the corners of her maths book, images of planets and little space aliens (ignoring the speech about how to solve algebraic equations and how to find x or y). X or Y could quite frankly be alone for life as far as she was concerned.

She'd even contemplated attempting to climb out the window, potentially using the curtains as a support or a swing. Like Rapunzel when people would climb up her hair. Highly unrealistic but in this moment she'd believe in teleportation, if somebody had suggested the option to teleport to freedom.

"Miss Maguire? What is X?"
Alex was drawn out of her daydream by her smirking teacher, expecting her to draw a blank instead of an answer. She had other plans and glanced across from her, quickly catching the smart kid's math book in the corner of her eye.

"Hmmm... fourty five." She fake thought for a moment, (pretending to be solving the question in her head) moving her eyes around the room to avoid drawing attention to her side glance.
"... very good." The middle aged woman fell into a stunned silence, before turning back to the whiteboard.

তততততততততততত

ALEX was quick to grab her bag, as she tried to dart out of the classroom at the end of the class. She was immediately called back, her middle aged teacher sporting a look of pity.
"I've noticed you've been having some trouble with school, Alexandra."
"I answered your question."
"From another child's math book, let's not make this situation hard. I've put a support plan in place to aid your learning"
"Support plan?" Alex scoffed. She could probably do the work if she actually tried, but she had no interest.

"Tutoring sessions with one of our.. brighter students."
Alex's face fell as she thought of all the stuck up smart kids, strutting around the corridors. She could already sense there'd be an urge to strangle them, just to shut them up. Alex wasn't one for tasks that needed a lot of patience, sporting a short temper (much like her father).
"Phillip Gallagher."

Alex scrunched her face up, as she racked her brain trying to figure out a face to a name. He sounded familiar. The confusion was short lived, as her face dropped upon realisation of her tutor. Lip Gallagher. A cocky, rebel without a cause kind of boy. He'd tried to hit on her once, quickly getting shut down (and a kick to.. a special area as he persisted). She could already feel her skin itch with irritation, as if the smug boy had already managed to work his way under it.