15 | The old one

The weekend was quiet for me as usual

The weekend was quiet for me as usual. I talked to Brooke to see if she got home safe.I didn't tell her exactly what happened. I just said I wasn't feeling it and I wanted to throw up.

The idiot thought I was pregnant.I haven't done it since college and that was more than a year ago.

I went to work as I usually would.I didn't have much to do today since it was the beginning of the week and I had finished all the monthly reports on Friday.

As I made my way to my office I saw Vincent.He was my dad's assistant I kind of used him as my assistant too.

-"Hey!Your dad can't come to work today he expects you to attend the meeting in his place."

-"Great, just great."

-"If you don't want to go I can cancel it."

As we walked up the stairs I thought to myself, yes, cancel it but my dad would be so disappointed.I have been to meetings before but I didn't have the lead on it.

-"No it's fine,just tell Alex I want him there,too."

-"Yes ma'am."

-"Oh and give me the folders from dad's office.I don't want to look like an idiot there."

-"You got it."

I opened the office door and saw a box of cupcakes.I loved cupcakes.There was no note or anything.I ate only one cupcake. I didn't want to gain weight.

We had a meeting with the inspectors and this was a big deal.They had to approve of a building where we could secure our shipments.

Our company didn't build the building but we financed it.Dad's friend had a construction company and they built it with our money.

_____________

I was so glad that they approved it.Dad will be proud.

-"You did a good job giving reasons for the use of the building."Alex said.

-"Thank you.I think I am still shaking."

-"Don't be.I will give your dad the news."

I went to my office and sat on my chair happier than ever.I did it all alone.I have to admit I was proud of myself.

*knock knock*

-"Come in"

I see Sarah and Luke come in with their daughter.They named her Gabriella.

-"Ohh look who came to visit me at the office?"

Gabriella ran to me and I grabbed her and held her close to my chest.I hugged Luke and Sarah and they sat on the chairs in front of my desk.I sat on my chair still holding Gabriella.

-"How are you guys?"

-"We are good.How about you?" Luke said.

-"I have been better."