Chapter 12: Three magical words

Ok so, before I begin, I have to say that in this chapter I will be using Italics to both present singing and reading a book or sum.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Y/N's POV

I get up and dry myself before grabbing my things and going back inside the castle. I go to my room and take a quick shower to wash the clorox off me, I then change back into my royal clothing and get out of the bathroom. Bored and with nothing to do, the opera room came to my mind, so I started making my way to the room. Upon arriving, my eyes were already sparkling from seeing the instruments again, I walked towards the piano. I took my gloves off and put it aside, tracing my fingers on the keys, I pressed a chord and it sounded harmonious, making let out a sigh of joy.

"I haven't sang this in quite a long time, and it goes for you, aunt María." I whisper softly as I look up the balcony where the sunlight shines. I take a deep breath and begin playing.

"I fell by the wayside, like everyone else.
I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, but I was just kidding myself."

I press another chord and I feel a little overwhelmed already, I chuckle at my weakness.

"Our every moment, I start to replace.
'Cause now that they're gone,
All I hear are the words that I needed to say."

My mind was flooded with memories of María, I try calming myself by taking a deep breath.

"When you hurt under the surface, 
like troubled water running cold.
Well time can heal, but this won't."

I felt a pair of eyes watching me from afar, but I brush it off, needing to concentrate.

"So, before you go.
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather.
So, before you go.
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless."

I stop, smiling softly as I glanced on the keys.

"So, before you go."

I was about to move on and sing the second verse, but handclaps from behind me stopped me. I turn around, only to be met with the sweet expression of Miranda.

"You know, you should sing more often, especially for me." She winked at me, making me blush and turn around. I slipped my gloves back on, turning back to her, I cleared my throat and smiled at her.

"Thank you, but why are you here?" Miranda huffs and smirks playfully, she then comes closer to me, supporting my back with her hand and using her other hand to caress my cheek. My face flushes even more, making her chuckle.

"You yourself told me that I could visit you anytime, am I not welcomed now?" The priestess lowered her head a little, just in the right angle that made it look like we were about to kiss. I push her away, squeezing my eyes shut while I frantically turned to the other side. My face was a hot burning mess, I could quite literally feel her teasing smirk on my back. I sighed and turned my head around.

"Yes, I did tell you that you could visit me anytime, but you must have a reason for coming here, right?" I ask cocking up my eyebrow, she seems to think for a moment before answering.