Chapter 7: In The Name Of Love

"If I told you this was only gonna hurt,
If I warned you that the fire's gonna burn,
Would you walk in?
Would you let me do it first?
Do it all in the name of love."

I smile softly as I finish the verse and put my hands on the balcony edge.

"Would you let me lead you even when you're blind?
In the darkness, in the middle of the night,
In the silence, when there's no one by your side,
Would you call in the name of love?"

My heartbeat starts to race all of a sudden, I feel like someone very special was watching me.

"In the name of love,
Name of love,
In the name of love,
Name of love,
In the name of..."

Suddenly, my vision starts to distort, the water of the swimming pool turns red just like blood and it splashes everywhere. One thing that caught my attention the most was me laughing along with...Miranda? No, it can't be, it must be someone very similar to her. Then there's me giving a peck on the lips to the woman, It's followed by us on the bed, my head on her chest while she brushes out my hair and hums a song I can't really tell as I come back to reality with a sequence of flashing lights.

'What in the village was that...'

I put a hand on my chest and feel my heart thumping out loud that even the Dimitrescu's could hear. I also have something people would call 'Butterflies' in my stomach, It was in the good way of course, I decided to not overthink and just continue.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Miranda's POV

I see Y/N singing on her balcony, I am currently in a bird form and on a tree branch. Why did she stop singing all of a sudden? She had a concerning shocked expression. I fly away and transform back into a human figure. I start humming the rest of the song Y/N was singing, and raise my voice to the point where I was completely singing.

"If I told you we could bathe in all the lights,
Would you rise up, come and meet me in the sky?
Would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights?
Would you fall in the name of love?" 

I take off my mask to let my voice through more easily. I do not usually get nervous when singing but, this time it just feels different, why is my heart racing? I...can not describe this feeling, or should I say, feelings?

"When there's madness, when there's poison in your head,
When the sadness leaves you broken in your bed,
I will hold you in the depths of your despair,
And it's all in the name of love."

My vision starts becoming blurry, I wipe my cheek but do not notice any tears. Weird.

"In the name of love,
Name of love,
In the name of love,
Name of love,
In the name of..."

My head starts to spin but when I see myself with a female figure similar to Y/N my eyes snap open, me and that woman seemed quite close in that image, did it mean something? Then there was another one of us cuddling, giggling softly and happily. I am returned to the normal world. Did Y/N see the same? Was that why she was so shocked?

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Y/N's POV

Getting to the chorus, I didn't saw anything weird this time, so I continued with the bridge part of the song.

"I wanna testify,
Scream in the holy light,
You bring me back to life,
And It's all in the name of love."

I feel a warm hand creep up my shoulder. I turn around but see no one. I gulp.

"I wanna testify,
Scream in the holy light,
You bring me back to life,
And It's all in the name of love."

Tiny droplets of rain begin to pour, then they increase until it was fully raining. Instead of getting inside, I decide to ignore it and continue singing.

"In the name of love,
Name of love,
In the name of love,
Name of love,
In the name of..."

Once again, I am in the room with the woman, everything was crystal clear; No blur, no distortion. The song continues with what remains of it.

"In the name, name,
In the name, name,
In the name of...
In the name, name,"

The woman was sitting on the armchair I have in my room, I approach her and tap her shoulder. 

"In the name of..."

Just as she was turning around, everything goes back to normal, making me groan in annoyance of not seeing her face. I then sneezed, realizing the rain had drenched me from head to toe. I sigh and go back inside, closing the door leading to the balcony.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Miranda's POV

"I wanna testify,
Scream in the holy light,
You bring me back to life,
And It's all in the name of love."

The rain was getting really bad, almost like a storm, but I hid under the tree branches where it did not get me. I did want to see those images again and discover who that woman was.

"In the name of love,
Name of love,
In the name of love,
Name of love,
In the name of..."

Without warning, I am in the daydream again, the rain had turned red and bloody, it seemed like it was thundering. Although this time, it was not blurry at all; I could easily see the female's hair color, It was a H/C, just like Y/N's...
A thunder landed near me making me close my eyes, but when I open them, I notice I was in my manor, the woman sitting by the fire, the song had continued by itself. I decided to approach her.

"In the name, name,
In the name, name,
In the name of...
In the name, name,"

My footsteps were quite loud, catching the figure's attention.

"In the name of..."

I go back to reality and my jaw drops, just when she was about to turn around I get back here?! It is frustrating to say the least. 

I scoff annoyed and go back to my manor, disappearing in a flock of birds.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

I absolutely love this song, please go listen to it!
Also, I didn't proofread, so if you find any mistakes please tell me.
Did I enjoy writing this chap? Well it was repetitive but it's ok I guess.

Stay safe! ^^

Edit: I decided to edit some parts like add the splashing water and that it turns into blood etc because I was listening to the song and it just came to my mind.