Chapter 5: Cuddles

Y/N's POV

My eyes opened and I was met with a dark room. I was still on my bed though.
'Well it seems like I woke up in the middle of the night...'
I resumed back to sleep but just couldn't, I turned from a side to another but nothing worked. I did have an idea in mind but there was no way I would do it. After like what it seemed 30 minutes of failed attempts to fall asleep, I finally got up from my bed, blinking a few times to clear my vision, and walked out of the bedroom door. I walked towards Miranda's room and knocked two time on it.

Nothing.

I just decided to go in and I was met with the sleeping figure of the priestess. I slowly got closer and when I was on the edge of the bed, I crawled towards her and shook her gently.

"Miranda."

Her eyes opened and she blinked a few times before realizing it was me, she layed back down on the bed and stretched out.

"Yes Y/N?" She tilted her head like a curious owl. I was silent for a moment but gave in after a while.

"Can...can I sleep with you? I can't fall asleep by myself, I already tried for 30 minutes..." She smiled sweetly at me and opened her arms, I jumped into them and snuggled closer to her. She caressed my cheek and placed a sweet kiss on my forehead before pulling me closer and tangling her legs with mine.

"Do you want to hear a lullaby?" I looked at her with sparkles in my eyes and nodded happily. She chuckled and cleared her throat.

She starts humming a very peaceful song, the one she probably used to sing to Eva.

"Let me sing a lullaby,
As you close your eyes."

I cuddle her closer, and she ruffles my hair with her pale fingers.

"And as you're drifting off to sleep,
How I hope that the dreams that you find are bright.
Love, can we meet again soon in the bluest of skies.
Where a tomorrow waits for you and I."

I feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier, her voice is truly something else...

"So hold me tight one more time but don't kiss me goodbye.
'Cause I know that I'll see you on the other side.
I will think of our song when the nights are too long.
I'll dream of you for that's where I belong."

I try my hardest not to fall asleep, I want to finish listening to this song, or maybe I just want to hear her voice.

"Love, can we meet again soon in the bluest of skies.
Only in my dreams, Do we meet again."

The last thing I hear, is her humming the last parts and placing another kiss on my forehead.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Miranda's POV

I hum the last parts of the song as she falls asleep. Her small snores are so adorable. I would never have the courage to tell her that I created that ballad for her, of course before it was just a melody I sang to...Eva, but when I warmed up to her I had to give her something. I never thought I would find someone else in my life that I really cared about after my precious daughter died, but she came, and I had loved her in many ways since. Could be the romantic way one of them? No, I would never go that far...but why do I have this delicate and throbbing sensation in my throat and chest when she is around me? As If she was a rose in a winter, that with the slightest touch its petals would fall.

I brush those thoughts out of my mind and decide to join my dear Y/N in her slumber.

"Sweet dreams, my...love."

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Credits:

Song: Isabella's Lullaby https://youtu.be/-b8_89vlkaI
Anime: The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Nebarando)
THE COVER:
⊹Vocals & Original Lyrics: AmaLee
⊹Music: AltrAudio
⊹Pre-Mix: Fruutella
⊹Mix: Shawn Christmas
⊹Animation: kuroko

P.S: Sorry for the short chapter but the next one will resume to be like the previous ones!; With 1000 or more words, I promise! See you guys! ^^