Chapter 6: Swimming pool memory

Y/N's POV

I feel a hand caress my cheek and a pair of lips on my temple. I let my hand fall to someone's butt- Wait, someone's?!
I slowly raise my head and open my eyes to be met with the sight of Miranda looking at me surprised. I lower my head on her chest.

"Well, good morning sleepyhead, I did not knew your hand was a pervert-" My face heats up and I quickly cut her off.

"Shut up! I forgot I was sleeping with you and It was an accident, also, good morning to you as well." She chuckles and puts her hand on my thigh. Before I could even say a word, she tilts my head with her other hand and makes me look at her teasing gaze.

"We will see If it is an accident next time." She pulls away and gets up. I was left a burning mess.

"Are you going to get up or is this a sign for me to...do something?" Even if I can't see her face, I can already feel her smirking through the bed sheets.

"Stop teasing me! I will get up now goddamnit." I grunt and get up, going to my room.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Miranda's POV

 Did...did I go too far? Maybe I should apologize...
I put my clothes on and go downstairs, preparing breakfast for both of us. After a while, I hear heels clicking down the stairs, I turn around and see Y/N adjusting her skirt. I put the food on the plate and place it on the table. We both sit down and start to eat. It remained silent for a moment before I decided to speak up.

"I apologize for my behaviour this morning." She chokes on the water and starts laughing. I stare at her confused and embarrassed at the same time. She clutches onto her stomach, probably from the aching pain from laughter.

"I-I'm sorry, You are apologizing?! Not once but twice?! Counting y-yesterday-" She starts to laugh again and I huff, which I definitely should not have done because that just made her laugh even more. Eventually she calmed down and wiped some tears out of her face.

"Just take the apology and eat." She giggles.

"You are cute when you are embarrassed." I almost spit my food out. 

"I beg your pardon?" I look at her with wide eyes and she grins mischievously.

"Then beg." We both burst out laughing at that, I have not felt this happy since that fateful day Eva passed away and when she ran away, but what can I say?

We calm down and continue eating. We both finish our meals and I as usual, bring the dirty dishes to the sink. I return to the living room and look at my little bird with a sad smile.

"So I guess you are going back now?" She nods and walks towards me, pulling me into a hug. I was surprised but I hug back.

"Thank you Miranda, but remember you can go visit me anytime at my place." I thank her and she goes to the door. Before she closes it, she turns her head my way and smirks.

"Although...I can already see you begging on your knees for my mercy." She lets out a low, dark chuckle and closes the door walking away.

"As If..."I whisper to myself. I smile a bit, a tint of pink decorating my usually S/C skin. I walk towards my study room and start researching again.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Y/N's POV

Why did I say that? I was embarrassed, but she was blushing, whether it was from embarrassment, being flustered or both. I walk down the paths that lead to my castle and push the heavy doors open.

"Y/N! You are back!" Olivia waves and jogs up to me. I smile and ask her how everything has been.

"Well, most of the maids were worried this morning when you didn't show up, we had talked to María and she told us she'd be here-" She doesn't get to finish as the doors slam open once again. We all turn around to see María standing there. Her tense expression relaxes when she sees me.

"Oh? It seems like you are back Y/N, Olivia here called me since you didn't return last night from your 'walk'." I giggle nervously and dismiss Olivia, then signal María to sit down.

"So where were you last night? Wait, your arm, did a lycan bite you?" Her serious tone makes me shiver. I sigh and nod.

"Yes but luckily Miranda appeared and helped me, I stayed at her manor for the night." She clasps her hands and smirks. My eyes widen and I mouth 'Shut up' before making a zipping sign with my hand.

"Did you two do it?-" 

"María for god's sake! No! We didn't, we just cuddled!" I panic and scream silently while covering my face. She giggles and pats me on the back.

"Calm down, I was just joking...but did you say that you two cuddled?" She asks innocently. I slowly look up and nod. Still burning up.

"Well, well, it sounds like you both are going to start dating soon-" 

"MARÍA!" She giggles again and shows me a reassuring smile.

"Sorry, sorry, but whatever your decision is, I will still be supportive." I thank her and she leaves, not before giving me a red ruby necklace with fangs decorating it. 

I walk to my room and placing the necklace in a drawer. Then I walk out and go to the opera room to explore a bit.

"Wow...I didn't even knew there were so many instruments here..." 

There was a piano, many guitars, some ukuleles, violins, cellos and double basses among others. There was sunlight pouring from a big balcony I forgot until now, I carefully got up the stairs and to the balcony to admire the view. The crystal clear waters from the medium sized private swimming pool catches my attention.

"Auntie!" A small girl called out which caught the attention of a middle aged woman. She picked her up and kissed her forehead.

"How's my favourite heiress doing?" The girl giggled and hugged the woman.

"Can we please go swimming? Please!" She pleaded with puppy eyes at which María couldn't resist since she was in the verge of crying from the adorableness.

"Yes my dear, whatever you want." 

"Yay!" 14 year old Y/N exclaimed as María put her down and told her to wait for her after she had changed into a swimsuit. She turned to the girl's grandparents.

"Miranda doesn't suspect a thing, does she?" The older pair shook their heads. The sage sighed in relief.

"Good, please keep up the good work, If she finds out about this you both and especially her will be in danger." María warned, the girl's grandparents nodded and thanked the sage before leaving.

"Aunt, I am ready!" Y/N ran down the stairs. María giggled and ruffled the girl's hair.

"I am going to win the splash battle this time little one!" And with that, they ran off to the swimming pool in a fit of giggles.

I smiled softly at the memory of the swimming pool. Slowly and without even noticing, I started singing to pass the time.