15

"You sure? You seem down,"he said lifting my head up. "It's nothing..sorry I fell asleep on you yesterday,"I chuckled laying on his chest for comfort. "It's alright..I was talking nonsense anyway," he shrugged. "Nothing you say is nonsense," I looked up at him the sun hitting his face perfectly. I looked into his light brown eyes and got that fluttering feeling I got when I first felt myself falling in love. I knew that I was codependent but I wondered if I could explain it well.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked playing with my hair and looking at me the way I was looking at him. "Freddie...we should talk," I said my tone changing which  concerned him. "What is it?" he sat up. I stared at him trying not to cry..this could change everything and he might not wanna be with me anymore. Suddenly the door swung open and we both turned our heads to see Karen. "Oh...morning guys I was just gonna remind Freddie about my competition today," Karen said smiling at us both.

Freddie rolled his eyes, "Karen don't you know how to bloody knock?" "Sorry I didn't expect you to have a girl in your bedroom," she scoffed. "Whatever..I'll be at your competition now if you excuse us??" He said eyeing her to leave. She smiled and slowly closed the door. I chuckled thinking about their bickering. "Sorry about her..what were you saying?" Him asking me brought up my anxiety again. "Uhh..nevermind I forgot what I was gonna say," I said looking down at my nails and chewing the skin around them.

Freddie looked at me knowing something was wrong, "Alexis." A million thoughts raced through my head creating a undefinable feeling. "About last night...I feel bad like really bad."

I started crying a bit because I was still a bit scared that he would treat me differently. "You are still Alexis..Nothing has changed except now I can help you. Also don't worry about your mum." "I thought it was better..a long time ago it got really bad and I'm starting to feel like that's again," I said shaking my leg again. "hey it's okay..I'm here and I'm gonna make sure it doesn't," he said pulling me into his chest where it was warm and made me feel less scared of my own existence.

Freddie's phone began to ring and Emily was calling. I removed myself from Freddie's arm and picked up for him, "hey ems." "Alexis? Hey..I figured you'd be with Freddie since you didn't answer. Wanna hang today? I miss you," she said. I looked at Freddie and he nodded still grazing over my hand. "Yeah sure.. I'll meet you in the park?" I said. "Yeah..see you," she said excitedly. I hung up the phone and sighed not sure if I was going to be able to be socialable today. "You'll feel better once you're with her..also I've got to go to Karen's competition I'm sure you don't want to see the British girls of America doing whatever they bloody do," he said getting up and getting clothes out.

"Can I borrow one of your sweaters?" If I smelt him It will keep me calm. "Sure," he said throwing a grey feminist sweater at me. "Oh wow you're a feminist too...how could you be anymore more perfect?" I said chuckling and slipping into the sweater. "Well yeah but I just bought it because it looked nice," he shrugged. He put on some slacks and a button up shirt, I watched him and smiled. "What?" he said looking at me through the mirror. "I've never seen you dress like that." "I've got to fix up," he sighed.

He came over and kissed me on the forehead, "I'm gonna have a spliff before this stupid thing in the shed where cook is probably at right now..want to come with?" "Nah I've got to get home so I could meet em," I said standing up and getting dressed as well. "I'll text you," I said kissing him and then quickly leaving. "Bye Karen and good luck,"I say as I pass her with a pink dress in her living room. "Byee," she said.

I went home and got dressed adding Freddie's sweater on top.

I poured myself some coffee hoping my mother wasn't downstairs which she wasn't

I poured myself some coffee hoping my mother wasn't downstairs which she wasn't. I took my favorite mug with me and ran out the house before she woke up that way I wouldn't have to deal with the events of last night.

Soon I saw Emily sitting on the grass and staring at the people ahead. "Hey," I said sitting down beside her. "Heyy,"she said going in to hug me. The hug felt comfortable..I always thought I didn't need one until I got one. "Freddie's?"she said tugging at the sleeves. "Yeah," I chuckled as I grabbed a beer. "So you and Mel?" I say smirking. Emily's cheeks flushed red and she took a gulp of her beer, "what about us?" "I'm glad you two are finally working things out. I was rooting for you."

"I'm glad too, it was kinda hard you know..her not accepting us,"she looked at me clearly as if she wasn't afraid to speak about her feelings. I wasn't so brave. "You don't know how many times I told her to stop that bullshit,"I said drinking some of the beer which left a bitter taste in my mouth. "I'm glad she finally listened. Anyway what's going on with you?" She asked turning to face me again.

I fell silent for a bit not sure what to say. "Nothing really..just been with Freddie," I shrugged. "Speaking of Freddie has he told you yet?" She said. I turned to her confused, "told me what?" "About how we're all thinking of going to Bristol this summer? Bringing you guys with of course," she smiled. "Oh no..he'll probably ask me later." "Yeah but we wanted to show you guys our home town since we're all becoming really close." "Sweet..I wanna see that," I chuckled. "Hopefully we don't run into stuff we left in the past," Emily furrowed her eyebrows and took a long sip of her beer. I just laughed but I was really concerned with what she said.

"I wonder what Freddie's 'past' was like."