Chapter 5: Stranger and Stranger

Edward: You go ahead, I need to talk to Ren and Nora first.

Currently, Team RWBY is about to head into town but Edward needs to check something first.

Ruby: Alright. We'll meet you down by the Bullhead.

The team makes their way outside while Edward does what he needs to do. He heads to the door of Team JNPR's dorm and knocks.

Ren opens the door and sees Edward there, "Oh, hello Edward. Is their something you need?"

Edward: I would like to talk to you and Nora if you don't mind.

Ren lets Edward in fully, "Well, Nora isn't here at the moment but you can talk to me."

Edward sits on Jaune's empty bed before talking, "Where is everyone else?"

Ren: Breakfast, they won't be back for a while.

Edward: Ok. Um, so I heard about yours and Nora's unfortunate circumstances.

Ren seems to become distraught for a moment before calming down.

Ren: Oh.... I see. What about it?

Edward: Well, I was wondering how you two would feel if you both were given a parent/guardian.

Ren takes a moment to think, "As long as they don't separate us, I think it would be very nice."

Edward: Please explain.

Ren: For most of our lives, Nora and I have been living on our own wherever we could. I believe that if we had someone to look after us and somewhere to call home, it would be.... nice.

Edward smiles before standing back up, "Good to hear. I'll be back later today to talk to you two again. Have a good day, Ren."

Ren: You too.

Edward leaves the dorm and makes his way to meet back up with his team.

~

The team has finally made it to Vale and Weiss is acting differently than usual.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, how wonderful.

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out.

Weiss turns back Ruby slightly annoyed, "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, a parade, a tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking."

Edward: Probably not as breathtaking as me.

Yang: Nice.

Weiss: Oh hush you two.

They continue walking through town until they get to the docks.

Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby covers her nose, "Ugh, they smell like fish."

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom.

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she can have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss, who has obviously been caught in her scheme, scoffs, "You can't prove that."

Attention from the docks gets drawn over to a store that had been broken into and robbed.

Team RWBY makes their way to the shop and decides to see what had happened.