Poetic Justice ₪ XXIV

Start from the beginning

"Baby guess who we're going to see tonight." I said driving on the highway

"Daddy!" His face lit up with excitement.

"No baby, Kataleah! Didn't you like playing with her?"

"But I want to see my daddy, I miss him! Why won't you let me see him, why isn't he coming back?"

"We'll see him soon, daddy is busy."

"You said that before momma, he can't be that busy!"

"I promise you, we'll see him as soon as we can."

I sighed gripping on to the steering wheel, I know I'm not the only one hurting but I can't see him right now. Chris needs to suffer just like I am, you got to play the game right in order to win.

"What's up Mijo, you remember me?" Ryan asked greeting him

"Yes," Mijo said hugging on to my leg.

"He's little upset."

"Aight, I think we can fix that." Ryan said bending down to Mijo's level. "You like ice cream little man?" Ryan asked him as he shook his head yes. "What's your favorite flavor?"

"Chocolate," Mijo said loosening up his grip from my leg,

"Well after dinner I'm going to give you a big bowl of Rocky Road, if it's okay with my mommy. Would you like that?" Ryan asked as Mijo shook his head yes again.

Mijo went into the back with Kataleah as I went into the kitchen with Ryan.

"Smells good, what's in the pot?"

"Gumbo, passed down from generation to generation."

I smiled. "What, you actually know how to cook? I was honestly expecting some store bought food."

"You better act like you know then, I got a kid. That fast food junk can only go for so long, my father actually taught me how to cook. He wanted to be a chef, he actually won my mother over with this recipe. It was a bet that he, if he made her dinner and if she like it, she had to go out with him."

I smiled "Aww that's cute, what's your ethnicity!"

"African American, and you ?"

I smiled "Puerto Rican, don't pretend like you blind!"

"Ah, Boricua in the building. Okay!" Ryan smiled.

I laughed, "You already know."

"Mijo allergic to anything?"

"No."

"Good cause I'm throwing everything in here, shrimp as well."

As Ryan continued to cook, I went over to sit on his couch.

"No you don't!" I blurted🙏🏼.

"Excuse me?" He replied.

"No you don't have Madden 2013 sitting right here unopened!" I said holding the game up to him.

He smiled. "Honestly I bought it and don't even know how to play anymore, I haven't played a Madden game since 04'. We can play it if you want, that's if you even know how to really play."

"Watch, you going to wish you never said that I'm about to embarrass you." I smiled as he walked over to sit beside me.

He laughed. "Shit just because I haven't played in a minute doesn't mean it won't kick back in, I might teach you a thing or two!"

I laughed as he grabbed the second controller and started up the game up, it was a score of 32 - 21 obviously I got that win. We finished just in time for dinner, I was feeling pretty good till Mijo open his mouth.