17| Secret Meeting

Depuis le début

"Martin."

He chooses to go out with that weasel of a man. Saying that it would be an insult to weasels.

I never liked him.

The way he spoke and acted towards Alexi, always revealed his evil intentions. Alexi's ex is a nasty piece of work, always using him for money. Then having the actual audacity to call Alexi clingy and treating him terribly. I can't comprehend why he chooses to go back to him every single time. Their relationship is like a toxic boomerang. A loop of pain and betrayal, but unfortunately Alexi is the only one feeling the upsetting emotions.

"You can't go," I firmly order.

Alexi scoffs as he answers, "You can't do that. I'm a grown man."

"I definitely can, when your your manipulative ex comes back into the picture."

"H..he's Changed."

I ignore his desperate plea. "Lexi you're not thinking straight."

He doesn't reply, instead storming into the bathroom. His sparkly eyeshadow covered eyes threatening to spill unwanted tears.

I've roughed his ex up a couple of times but I never go too far. I can't understand in the slightest why Alexi cares but he still does. It's the only reason why I haven't done anything worse.

Unfortunately, Alexi is right. He's old enough to make his own decisions. No matter how naive they are.

My head is aching with all these negative thoughts. I guess my only option is to pay my angel an 'accidental visit.' I don't know how he'll take me randomly showing up, but hopefully he doesn't get too mad.

I instruct my driver to take me directly to the hotel Angelo is staying at. From all the hotels I own,  it's my favourite for many reasons.

When I was younger my father would sometimes task me with picking my brother up from school. My brother always insisted we walked back home so we could see the beauty of nature. Like the idiot I was, I'd complain every single time.

If I knew how many years we'd get, I would've cherished him more.

Anyway, he always loved this massive park across the road. It had a gaint water fountain that practically reached for the sky. The numerous colourful flower gardens smelled divine and simply enchanted the mind with each glance.

After my brother was murdered, I ended up buying the land across the street. I built a massive hotel, purposefully making every inch of it glimmer and shine. My brother would've loved all the extravagance of it. Too bad he never got to see it.

Eventually, the image in my mind materialises right in front of me. To my luck a frustrated looking angel is on the edge of the pavement screaming as each taxi passes him. The sight before me is both fucking hilarious and adorable.

"Park next to him," I quickly order my driver.

I quickly pull my window down as he replies, "Yes Sir."

My angel notices me straight away, causing a sudden wave of options take over him. A mix of shock, shyness, and anger. Someone clearly remembers our pleasure filled call. I know I could never forget it.

"W-what are y-you doing here?" He shyly stutters out as his face becomes as red as a bell pepper.

"We need to talk, it would be best if you sit with me," I explain carefully trying not to scare him off.

"No, I'm busy." My angel proceeds to literally walk away from me.

I tell the driver to drive along the pavement.

He turns around with the biggest glare on his face and both hands firmly planted on his hips. "Why are you following me?"

"Angel, I'm simply driving along..." he takes a deep breathe as I continue, " enjoying the view."

Angelo

This pervert is stared at my ass.

Aleksandr

Who wouldn't stare? It's literally perfect. By the way his face cutely scrunches up in anger, I can tell he knows exactly what I'm looking at.

"Y-you....I don't have time for your idiocy today, Alexander."

"I'm starting to feel neglected," I whine looking directly into his crystal blue eyes. "What's so important you can't spare me five minutes."

The hesitant look he gives worries me slightly. A surprising thought flickers through my mind like a faulty street lamp,

Never hesitate with me, jump face forward knowing I'll always catch you.

It's stuck in my throat and I don't have the courage to say it out loud right away. When I'm about to speak, it's too late. He finally responds.

"A meeting."

I don't believe him for a single second. He's acting jittery and anxious so something must be wrong. Option A is that it's to do with his speakeasy and Option B is that it's to do with why he came to New York in the first place.

I know exactly what I'm going to do. It's as clear as the sky of a warm summer's day.

"Get in I'll drop you off," I suggest intending to help him in any way possible. Maybe I'd become his permanent side kick. It's a title I wouldn't mind as long as I'm close to him.

He gives me a simple but firm answer. "No."

"At this rate you're going to miss your so called meeting."

A look of worry takes hold of his face. He turns around slightly, looking back at the hotel then at my car. He's weighing up his options, how adorable.

"I'll let you drive me under one condition...."

Yes victory!

"We leave a massive gap between us," he finishes with a big smile. This beautiful boy knows exactly what he's doing to me. A part of me thinks he revels in playing hard to get.

"We'll leave a gap sweet Angel but don't worry, because I'll have you begging to get rid of it in no time." I tease with a wink as his face lights up once again.

"Keep dreaming Alexander."

"Oh I definitely will."

He immediately gets into the car, keeping a painful distance between us. Even though there's space between us I know it'll be one hell of a journey.

A/N:
I hope the small POV switch wasn't confusing. I wanted to show what Angelo was thinking but not permanently switch to his.

A little bit about Alexi's past. Any thoughts?

Also where do you think they're going?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please support this story by voting and commenting.

Thank you for anybody reading :)