Villainizing

...

He froze up staring by the door frame.
Midoriya didn't realize he was staring at him with his resting face which looked quite mean.

"W-who a-are you..
Where a-am I?" He choked.

"Name is izuku Midoriya, you're at my villain base.
What's your name" Midoriya replied.

Tears slid down the boy's face onto the freshly changed ground, Midoriya had hired some people to change the broken tiles to wood.

"No no no?
Why are you crying and getting your tears all over my hard wood floor?
That isn't polite." Midoriya said as he got up.

He stepped back, away from the door frame, putting his hands up in defense.
Midoriya paused, "why are you scared?
I saved your life"

"No you didn't!
I-its your f-fault I w-was in d-anger to b-begin w-with" he shouted.

"Look kid, all I asked for was your name as a polite way of introduction.
But, I don't need for you to tell me.
I already know, Izumi Kota" Midoriya sighed.

Having the ability to see how someone dies also means seeing what their name is like a tag constantly.
It helps in a lot of situations.

Kota stared in dismay, "how did you know!?"

"My quirk.
Now calm down.
I understand you're freaked out but you're going to need to listen to what I'm going to say."

Kota fell silent as he stood there waiting for Midoriya to speak once more.

"You're more safe now than you were back at camp.
You see, I don't know if you remember, but muscular was about to end you're life.
Even my quirk confirmed it for a minute.

But I intervened.
And now you're alive.

Continuing, you don't have a place to return to.
You'll either be forced into a shelter or be homeless.

If you're put in a shelter you'll either live there your whole life or get adopted.
And when you're adopted, you can be adopted into an abusive family.
I don't think you want that.

So, I'm giving you the offer to live with me.
There is no catch to it, you'll live here and experience what any child deserves to experience.

You'll be given food, water, a proper place to sleep, and there's a cat here that probably helped you stay warm last night.

If you're placed in the shelter, you'll have to share a room with maybe 10-30 other kids of your age to 12 year olds.
You won't like the food served

And

If you ever get adopted there's a chance you'll be used as a mini servant.

Now.

Choose." Midoriya explained.

"W-what about m-mandalay!?
A-and pixie-bob!
What h-happened to them!?" He screamed.

"You want sugar coated truth or can you actually handle it?" Midoriya asked.

"The TRUTH"

"They're dead."

Kota felt his heart practically stop beating...
He felt a crushing pressure on his chest as his ears began to ring.
Tears filled his eyes as his heart rate increased.
Chills ran around his body from the amount of grief that came over him.

He felt his breathing hitch, it went shallow and quickened.

It felt as if the world had stopped, like it was just him and Midoriya in that room.
He couldn't even hear the TV that was playing in the background, it was talking about the ongoing riots.