Chapter 13

He took my hand to help me get off and I thanks him with a look. I blushed embarrassed by his warm grip as he pulled me close to his body.

He showed a beautiful smile on his face, a reassuring smile, a smile that illuminated his seraphic face that hid a dark soul. He slowly let his hand fall to my side while I looked at him happy, almost grateful that he was there with me, that he hadn't run to another and that maybe he had forgotten what he had seen.

"Why are you here?"

"What's up? You do not like it?"

"No no it's just that ... I didn't expect it."

"I love to amaze people, especially you."

"Are you here just for this?" I asked, blushing.

"Let's say that if that is an idiot it's not your fault."

My pupils dilated at the words spoken, I breathed a sigh of relief, realizing only at that moment that I had held my breath until that instant. I felt more anxiety than I felt during an interrogation or verification, the only anxiety I had ever experienced. I had never been upset when I was in front of a boy, I had never really cared but the idea that he could not forgive me or that I would never see him again and that above all I had made him suffer had affected me so much to want to erase me from the face of the earth, if even my very existence troubled him ..

"Thank you so ... did you come up here to tell me this?"

I said visibly embarrassed.

"Not only..."

"What do you want to do?"

"Close your eyes."

I did as he asked me to, blindly trusting his intentions. He pressed me tightly against him, I abandoned myself to its sweet scent that intoxicated the air that surrounded me and I felt the sensation of his chest rising and falling under my palm. We stayed in that position for a few seconds that seemed like an eternity to me.

She brought her lips to my ear and whispered softly to me, stroking me with her warm breath.

"Open them now."

I threw them open and was amazed at what came in front of me. I opened wide with my heart racing in my throat, beating hard as if my mouth wanted to go out and look at itself. My eyes couldn't understand that all of this was real, that it wasn't just a wonderful dream. I parted from him leaning on the parapet in front of us to demonstrate that everything was sweet reality, the wind gently caressed my face, gently waving my hair. He hugged me around my waist as if it were all true and I clung to him, almost frightened that he might disappear and hoping that, if so, I would disappear with him.

"You like?"

"It's... it's... breathtaking. Where are we? "

"But how can we not recognize it? It is one of the most unique cities in the world. "

I closed my eyes for a moment as the memories resurfaced. I've always wanted to go to New York, especially at Christmas. This city conveyed all the warmth that humanity should feel at that time and always. Each year this was adorned with a thousand red and green lights and each house was decorated with every Christmas decoration, it was so illuminated that I am sure it was also visible from space even if it would have been seen the rest of the year. The lights of the city danced before our eyes, the millions of people hurtling below us. A feeling of power assaulted me. From that height, nothing seemed important to me, nothing caught my attention as much as he did. It's amazing how nothing mattered to him. Noises, silence. Night day. Nothing was important. The war was already underway. My soul in his arms as it was torn, torn, torn and then stitched up. The deafening silence I heard was relieved by the fiery kiss that placed on my neck. I felt like the queen of the world, of a world without borders, an infinite world enclosed in her arms.

He turned me over and put a lock of hair behind my ear.

"You know, I was once in love." His tone was low, just an audible whisper that reminded me of Daphne and what Hecate had told me. "I didn't want to do it again but you are ... so ... different."

"Is it bad?"

"No, far from it. You are special for this I want to be with you. "

"Really?" My eyes shone with a light of hope.

"Yes, I want to do it."

He steadily stared at my lips until his gently brushed mine again. My whole body responded with a thrill of pleasure that warmed me instantly. I had never felt so alive, never so good. When she slowly broke away we stared at each other for an indefinite time, I lost in her wonderful blue eyes. Those eyes so wonderfully blue as the sea where I would have gladly drowned. He pointed to the sky as he slightly tightened his hold on my waist. The blue of the sky, crowned by the light of the moon, looked like a painting painted by a painter, with all those shades of blue that looked like those in oil. Nothing seemed important with him holding my waist and me resting my head on his shoulder. I would have gladly spent all my nights like this or maybe I just wanted an eternity long night.