Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

I squeeze my eyes shut. "I know. She told me when I was in the coma, but I heard her. I'm going to murder that bastard. Make sure I have time for that too before the flight."

Jordan nods at me before turning away again, tapping a few buttons on his cell and lifting the device to his ear.

He speaks rapidly into the phone, but he begins to walk away from me and so I can't hear what he's saying.

I turn back to face my parents and brother. Nessa had joined them in the time I spent talking to Jordan.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to go on a plane and travel right now? You just woke up from a coma, but you also have a mild concussion. I doubt air travel is good after a concussion," Matt tells me gently.

I shrug. "Lexi is more important than a stupid concussion. I have to go with her."

Matt opens his mouth to protest, but Dad chuckles and shakes his head at his younger son. "There's no point, Matt. You can't talk him out of anything involving Lexi."

🌸🌸🌸

Lexi's POV

I'm numb, and I'm hollow, and I'm shaking as I sit on the couch in my living room and stare at my black phone screen.

It's still cracked from when I threw it across the dressing room in a bout of rage after finding out about Bryce and Lydia.

Bryce . . .

Bryce is gone.

My dad is gone.

My life is falling apart, and I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to keep going when everyone I care about is slipping through my fingers.

I set my phone down on the coffee table in front of me. Mac and Janes are huddled in the kitchen, and though they're talking, I can't hear what they're saying.

Not until Mac calls out to me and says, "We're trying to get you a flight booked, but we can't find any flights for tonight. Looks like you'll need to fly out first thing in the morning."

I open my mouth, but the only thing I manage to say is simply, "Okay."

It's late. It's really, really late, and so I guess if I fall asleep now, morning will come before I know it.

Or perhaps I'll get lucky, and when I fall asleep, I'll never wake up.

I exhale sharply.

Mac begins to make his way through the apartment and towards me, but then someone knocks on the front door and he freezes.

He beats James to the foyer and throws open the door with a sigh. His back obscures my view of whomever is on the other side, and the conversation Mac is having with that person is too low for me to hear.

James joins Mac at the door, and when he speaks, it's finally loud enough for me to hear.

"Now is really not a good time, Bryce. Her dad is in the hospital. You shouldn't be here," he says sternly.

I blink.

Bryce?

Bryce?

Bryce!

And then I hear him.

"I know about Jonathan. That's why I'm here. I'm bringing Lexi home to be with her family. We're leaving tomorrow morning. I'm going to help her pack her bags and then she's coming to stay at my place tonight so that we can leave early tomorrow," Bryce says sharply.

Slowly, I stand up from the couch.

Mac's tone is equally as sharp as Bryce's. "You can't make decisions for her. You need to ask her what she wants to do. You get two minutes with her, and if she doesn't want to speak with you, then James and I will throw you out of here. Got it?"

Bryce huffs. "Yeah, yeah. Let me see her. I need to be there for her. She's my girl."

James scoffs, and he's just about to step out of the way to allow Bryce inside when he pauses.

"You can't touch her, though. She doesn't like being touched," he states.

I take a few quiet steps towards the door.

"Got it. Let me through," is Bryce's reply. I'm beginning to hear the desperation in his tone.

James and Mac finally allow Bryce in through the doorway. He takes a couple long strides into the apartment until his gaze falls on me.

His expression immediately softens.

He's so handsome, so so handsome and beautiful, and he looks healthy and alive, and he's standing in my apartment wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and he couldn't be more perfect.

And the best part is that he's all mine. He's been mine all along. He never broke his promise to me, not for Lydia and not for any other of the billions of women on this earth.

"Bryce?" I rasp.

One side of his lips lifts up into a soft, sad smile.

"Hey, Blossom," he murmurs. "Missed me?"

A sob breaks free from my throat.

And then I'm running. I'm flying across the apartment and right into his arms, pressing my face into his chest and crying, crying so hard that I can't breathe.

Because he's here and he's smiling and he's mine.

Another choked sob leaves me when he hoists me up into his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and hold him even tighter, and as my fingertips claw at his back and my tears smear across his neck, I decide that I'm never letting go.

When any other person touches me, my body reacts negatively. My brain says that I'm safe, that it's okay, but my body jerks away.

I thought I would never be able to experience a hug ever again without having to grit my teeth and push through the urge to pull away.

But with Bryce, my heart takes over completely.

And my heart knows the Bryce would never, ever hurt me.

A/N: Brb gonna go sob myself to sleep now.

Okay I'm obviously kidding but this little scene made my Bexi heart very happy. I also just got back from an amazing and very relaxing vacation so I am an extremely happy girl right now.

I'll try my best to get another chapter out soon, but please be patient with me, mes amies <3