𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

"Where are we going, Oikawa-kun? We've been walking forever."

"It's only been ten minutes, Y/N-chan!"

"Fine, fine."

"Watch your step here." Oikawa instructs, and I step over what felt like a big rock.

"You said you would tell me when I can uncover my eyes, right?"

"Yup!" I can tell he probably just winked.

"We're almost there. Hold on." He leads me further into wherever we are, and I decide to stop asking questions. The barren ground we're walking on turns to what feels like soft grass.

"Okay, you can uncover them now."

I move my hand off of my eyes, taking in my surroundings. We're in a clearing, surrounded by beautiful, large trees. I can hear a small stream nearby, but the most remarkable thing about this place is that you can see the stars stretched across the sky. What seems to be every single one.

I stare up at the sky, then turn to Toru. "Wait, where are we?"

"This is near the park where my nephew practices volleyball. Barely anyone knows about it."

"Wow." I plop down in the grass, hugging my knees. "Do you come here a lot?"

"Yeah!" He sits down with his legs stretched out in front but lightly bent at the knees, arms behind him to keep from falling. "Mostly on Mondays or after games."

"Oh. So what, did you bring me here to stargaze?"

"Well yeah, isn't that obvious?" He says with a hint of amusement, and I turn my eyes to the sky.

Toru points upward toward the Lyra constellation, spotting the star Vega. His other hand travels to the Aquila constellation, where the star Altair sits.

"Look, it's Orihime and Hikoboshi!"

"Huh?" I glance at him and he keeps his eyes on the two stars, separated by the Milky Way.

"You haven't heard the legend, even when Tanabata is so close?"

"Oh, the Star Festival, right. I haven't ever heard the story all the way through. Orihime was a seamstress and Hikoboshi was a cattle herder, right? Orihime got lonely and her father arranged for her to meet Hikoboshi."

"That's right. Orihime and Hikoboshi fell in love and married, but they stopped their heavenly duties and Orihime's father got angry, so he forbade them from seeing each other."

I stare at my friend, waiting for him to continue on. When he does, I listen closely.

"Orihime begged her father to allow them to be together, so he decided to let Orihime and Hikoboshi see each other once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month if the sky was clear. Tanabata is to celebrate their meeting."

"Oh, wow." I look back up at the two stars. "That's really sweet."

"Isn't it?" He responds, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, cheek resting on his hand.

I stare at the boy, specifically at his one eye that I can see. He has a smile worn on his features and the moonlight is casting pale light over him.

"You know, Toru, you're really pretty."

He looks back at me briskly, gaze wide with surprise. A few seconds later, his expression morphs into a flaunting, flamboyant one. "I am, aren't I?"

"No, really. You're beautiful."

His face transforms back to the previous expression, reflecting his actual shock.

"I.. Thank you."