𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲.

As the sun's orange rays shaft into the room, intoxicating the pure white pages of my notebook, I tap my chin.

This song is stumping me. So many ideas for lyrics already coming up in my head but I can't decide. When I write down the one I settle for, arms wrap around my neck and and a head is placed on top of my own.

I hurriedly hide my notebook. "Hey, Toru!"

"Hey, (Y/N)! You're still at school this late?"

"Yeah? I wanted to wait for you. Practice is over, huh?"

"Yup!" Toru moves his head to rest on my shoulder. "Why'd you hide what you were writing? Writing some smut?"

"Um, no! It's because I'm making a surprise, dingus!"

"Ooo, a surprise? For me?"

"Bold of you to assume it's for you, but it is so whatever."

"Is it a song? A drawing? A poem?"

I set the palm of my hand on his forehead. "Come on, Toru..."

He lowers his head to bury his face in my shoulder. I shake my head and put my belongings away while he clings to me.

"Ready to go, you big baby?" I hand him my notebook since my backpack is full.

He nods, an adorable smile plastered onto his face while I grab onto his arm.

"You know, Toru, you're really cute."

"Cute? Don't you mean gorgeous?" He responds, leaning down to my level and smirking.

"Pfft, you cocky butt weasel!"

"Cocky? I prefer the term confident."

"That's crossing the line a bit, don't you think?"

He gasps in an offended way and sets his hand on my head, ruffling my (h/c) locks.

"Hey!" I reach up, grabbing his arm and prying it off my head.

"Oh look, we're here." Toru tries to avert my attention by pointing at my house.

"Already? Oh well." I head up to my porch and look back at him. He waves and I do the same.

"See you tomorrow, Toru!" I open the door and head inside. "I'm back."

Immediately, Hiroko is in front of me with a huge beaming smile. "Welcome home, Onii-san!"

"Hey Hiro! How was your day?"

"It was awesome, (Y/N)! Mrs. Aishima helped us make paper boats." Aiko flashes her bright smile, dotted by one missing tooth.

"Oh hey, Futoshi."

"Hey, sis." The 14-year-old stands on the bottom step of the stairs, hands shoved in his pockets with a deadpan present on his face.

"Did you do your homework?"

He nods nonchalantly and heads into the kitchen while I ruffle Hiroko's hair.

"Where's Chihiro?"

"She's in the backyard. Said something about a really cool serve she saw on TV, I think she's practicing it."

"She really got excited about volleyball, huh?" I grin, setting down my bag.

"Yeah, she forced me to help her with passes earlier." Futoshi grumbles.

"I'm glad she's so enthusiastic!"