𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.

(Reminder: They are technically speaking in Japanese.)

"This is just English. It ain't that hard."

"IT IS TO ME, Y/N!"

"I mean at least pick something passable to be bad at."

Toru folds his arms and looks away from me. "What, are you bilingual?"

"Yeah, I was born in the U.S. and I've only been living in Japan for 7 years or so."

"How are you so fluent in Japanese, then!?"

"Practice." I shrug. "Better than using sign language. Anyway, back to the subject..."

Toru and I are at my house right now. I told him I would help him study his worst subject since he fell asleep in class.

"No!"

I set my hand on his head to keep him still.

"How do you say 'I love you' in English?" I stare him dead in the eyes.

"I love you." Oikawa says in English with a thick Japanese accent and a tinted face.

"Good! Now how do you say 'I like your smile'?"

Toru furrows his brows and looks at the textbook, then struggles to say it in English.

"I like your snail." He says in the other language once more.

"Smile." I correct him in English.

"I like your smile." Toru nods.

"Aww thank you, I like yours too!" I respond in English, grinning.

After a few seconds of piecing together the words since he isn't fluent, he smiles back. "You're so sweet." He transitions back to speaking Japanese.

"Focus, you simp." I blush lightly and turn to the textbook, fiddling with my hair. I'm not sure if I was talking to him or myself.

Toru reaches over and lifts up my hair, causing me to turn my eyes to him. "Toru?"

"I wanna see your face." He says with a soft smile and eyes.

I grab my hair and pull it down to cover my face, sticking out my tongue. "Too bad!"

"Heyyy!" He whines and tries to get my hair out of my face.

I break out into laughter and try to push Toru away, but he gently grabs my hair and lifts it out of my face.

"Ah, there you are!" He smiles. I can feel his breath on my lips.

"No fair, you have an advantage because you're fast!" I huff.

"It is fair if I get to see your face." He smiles and runs his hands through my hair, looking down at my face. His height is elevating his own face slightly above mine, only slightly because most of his height is in his legs, but I feel really skippy and bouncy because of this.

I hold out my hands and cup his face in them, causing his dominance to shatter. He stares down at me expectantly as I move closer and closes his eyes. Soon enough I've...

...pulled away at the last moment and shoved the textbook into his face.

"You need to study, you nincompoop!" I giggle, causing Toru to whine and inch away from the book.

"Why are you being so mean to meeee!?" He whimpers.

"I'm not mean, I'm stubborn. Get it right!" I say in English, the Japanese in my voice fading since I'm fluent in English and know how to make the accent go away.

"Come on, (Y/N)! I can't understand you!"

"I actually was about to kiss you, you know." I stay in English since I know Toru won't know what I said.

"Stop toying with me!" He pushes the textbook down and rests his chin on it, brows furrowed and lips forming a pout.

"Fine, fine." I smile, speaking in Japanese again.