𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞.

It's around 11 PM now, and I hear the front door opening. Rolling out of bed and going down the stairs, I greet my mother.

"Hi, mom. How was your day?"

"Busy." She huffs out a small breath, heading for the kitchen. "Where were you last night?"

"I was over at Toru's house for movie night and we fell asleep."

"Ah, I see."

"I left your dinner in the fridge."

"Thank you, sweetie. You're a life saver."

"No problem." I follow her into the kitchen, grabbing a small glass and filling it with water as she heats up her food in the microwave. "Anything new?"

My mother falls into silence, and a few seconds later she speaks once more.

"Yeah. I got a job offer. One that pays a lot."

"Oh, cool! What is it?"

"It's a job as a financial advisor. In America."

The whole world seems to go still. What did she just say?

"In... America?"

She nods. "Since your father is overseas in America, we're going to move there and live with him. We'll have a more stable income."

We're moving... back to America.

I stand deathly still, staring silently toward her. Her eyes soften and she wraps her arms around me.

"I know, you have friends here. I understand you don't want to leave them behind, but this is for the best."

* * *

"Hey, (Y/N)! How are you doing?"

I jump a little at Tohru's sudden appearance. "Dang, don't scare me like that!"

"But you didn't answer my question."

I roll my eyes with a smirk. "I'm doing fine."

"Hm? Just fine?" He joins my walk to my right, looking down at me and raising a brow with his own grin.

"Yup." I walk a little faster, closing my eyes since I know where I'm going and this hallway is empty. However, Oikawa's long legs are able to catch up with no trouble at all.

I feel him staring at me and I turn with a brow raised. His eyes are squinted and his lips are in a pout, eyebrows low.

"What?" I blush a tiny bit. Why is he staring?

"You seem tense."

"Tense? I don't know, I think tired is a better word."

He hums again, staring me down.

"You're gonna make me tell you what's wrong, huh?"

He nods, stopping in his tracks once I do. I proceed to spin on my heel and look up at him. "My mother brought home some rather shocking news yesterday."

Now I have his full attention. He looks genuinely concerned, so I decide to just spit it out.

"Me and my family are moving back to America at the end of the school year."

Toru freezes, blinking slowly and then breaking his rigid stance to put his hand to the back of his neck.

"Back to America, huh?"

I nod, looking down at the ground with my fists clenched at my sides. A few seconds later I feel a touch to my head and look up. Toru has his hand on the top of my head.

"I'm going to Argentina."

I blink a few times. "Woah, what?"

"Once I graduate, I'm heading to Argentina to play professionally on their volleyball team."

I gasp and jump, hugging him. "That's amazing, Toru! I'll help you learn Spanish, then."

"What, do you know Spanish, too?"

"Well, no, but we'll help each other learn, right?"

"As long as you promise to visit every so often. I'll visit you, too."

I giggle, feeling my heart beating faster by the second. "I'll visit, I promise. And one day, I'm going to marry you."

"Huh, where did that come from?"

"Who cares? I will someday, even if we're in different countries."