𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞.

I head into the volleyball gym, hoping to watch the practice today since I have nothing else to do.

My brother won't be getting out of school for about twenty minutes yet, and on his way home he always picks up my twin sisters from their school. He may only be 14, but he's reliable.

I fold my arms, looking over the players. Most of them are doing individual practice right now, but I don't see Toru anywhere.

"Oh, L/N-chan. Are you looking for Oikawa?" Iwaizumi pauses his practice.

"I came to watch the practice, so not really, but has he not been here yet?"

"No, he hasn't. I should probably go look for him."

"It's alright, I'll go find him, you can keep practicing." I veer back out of the gym, speed-walking down the path and into the school's main building.

Let's see, he's in class 6... So on the third floor, on the other side of the school. I pass classroom 5, my class, and turn the corner, reaching class 6.

I pop my head around the corner and I immediately see Toru at his desk, still sitting down with his head leaning against his hand. Tilting my head and then heading into the classroom, I skirt around the desks and end up in front of him.

Dropping into a crouch so I can get a good look at his face, I notice his eyes are closed.

"You asleep?" I say softly just in case he actually is.

When he doesn't answer, the corners of my lips tug upward. Reaching up and tapping his shoulder while lightly shaking him, I say a little bit louder, "Hey, wake up."

He doesn't budge, so I resort to poking his cheek. "Oikawa. Toru."

This time is different. His eyes flutter open and once he notices me, he picks up his head and rests the side of his face against the hand now.

"Rise and shine, sweet prince. Did you fall asleep in class?"

He blinks a few times and smiles with a blank expression. "Wait, did I? I think I did."

"Dang, you actually fell asleep, huh. Do you know what sensei was talking about?"

I'm responded with silence, which answers my question perfectly. "Wow. I'll help you, what class were you having?"

"English..."

"Ohh." I stand up fully, folding my arms. He stands up with me. "I can easily help you with that."

"Wait, you can?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Y/N-chan~!" He squeezes his eyes shut and pulls me into his chest, patting my head. "Thank you!"

"Don't suffocate me, Oikawa-kun!"

"Right, I won't. You don't have to worry about that." He lets go and I scoot around the desks toward the door.

To be honest, Oikawa isn't really sure if he actually needed help or he just wanted an excuse to spend time with her. Probably a mix of both.

"Ready to go to practice? That's the reason I came. Better be lucky it wasn't Iwaizumi-san who came to get you."

He flinches and speeds up a little at the mention of Iwa, probably knowing that if he didn't get there quick he would get another volleyball to the back of his head.

"Hey, wait up! I'm only 5'5" you know, my legs can't keep up with your stilts!"

"Wha- Stilts!?"

"Am I wrong?"

"That hurt, Y/N-chan."

"Iwaizumi-san hitting you with a volleyball will hurt more."

"Fair point!"