Chapter 8

Loki's POV

"Wait", a familiar voice in the back of the courtroom ordered. Mobius. It was no use, even he couldn't change this outcome. Sylvie did just basically attack the head of the TVA. "Ravonna, honey, let me talk to them." Excuse me. What did he say. "Dear, you can't be serious, she just attacked me." I have never cringed this hard in my life. Mobius walked up to her, to discuss this, and I noticed their matching wedding rings. You have got to be shitting me. I visibly cringed, which Sylvie noticed. "What", she whispered. "Even though you almost got us killed, they're married in this timeline, so we might have a chance on surviving", I explained. When she looked back at them, I could see the same reaction appear on her face. "Ew", she whispered.

"You two, come with me", Mobius said. We obliged, feeling lucky that Ravonna didn't execute us where we stood. As we were walking through the familiar corridors, he started a conversation: "You see, I'm very interested in rather dangerous individuals, like yourselves. I know the Loki from this universe, I know what he's capable of and what he has done, so I am really excited to know how two Lokis from two different universes strand in this universe. I also know you're excellent liars, so don't try to trick me." I already didn't like this Mobius. The original one was nicer and way more friendly. Sylvie and I didn't react, we just followed him, while he had a firm grip on the TemPads that were connected to our collars.

After Mobius had filled us in about the TVA, and we acted as if we didn't know any of it, we arrived at his office. Everything here had a different atmosphere. It was darker, less bustling, shadier. "Sit down", he ordered us. Hesitating, we went to the chairs and sat down. "I don't know what your game is, I just know that you two are up to something. You're Lokis, you're never this quiet." I leaned forward on the chair, resting my elbows on the table. "Sir, I don't think you're right. You just explained that the universes are different, and variants vary from each other. We're no liars, we're an honourable prince and princess of Asgard", I said with nothing but diplomacy in my voice. "The core of an individual is always the same. If there's one thing I learned from watching Loki all those years, it's this: never trust a Loki." I frowned. His story didn't add up, though. I had a bad feeling about thiz. "You want us to tell you how we got here, but at the main time, you emphasize that we can't be trusted. What's your game?" He smiled, evilly. "You're smart, I'll give you that. It's true, I have no interest in your story." Now it was Sylvie's turn to lean forward. "Then what do you want", she asked in a cold, aggressive tone. I didn't mind, the plan was screwed up already, and I was getting quite pissed myself.  He smiled: "I want you to kill somebody."

"You what", I asked, even though I understood him loud and clear. "I want you to kill one person, who is a threat to Ravonna's position. She's a hunter, hunter B-15 to be exact. She has gained many followers the past few months, because people like her revolutionary view. Voices rise to let her become the head of this TVA and I just can't let that happen." I laughed. This is just great. "What if we don't", Sylvie asked. "You", he said as he turned to me, "you're going to kill her. It will seem as if you've broken loose after you stole TemPad and a prune stick. I'll give you a fake ones, by the way. There are camera's all over this place, so I'll follow you closely." Sylvie and I just sat still, being absolutely astounded. "Oh, you haven't heard the sweet part just yet. Blond Loki here", he said as he turned to Sylvie, who was looking incredibly pissed now, "you're going to be right here, with a prune stick inches away from your face. So, if the other Loki doesn't take B-15's life, I'll take yours." Sylvie looked at me worried. I'd call this a checkmate, but we're Lokis, so we'll figure something out. At least, I hope.

"Anyway, I'll go make the fake attributes. By the way, don't try to discuss a plan, there are microphones on the collars." I sighed and rolled my eyes. As soon as Mobius disappeared, Sylvie turned to me. She took my hands, her eyes were closed. Weird.