Chapter 6

Loki's POV

"I've got an idea", I said while smiling like I had some kind of evil master plan. "I don't like that look, who are you going to kill", the woman with golden hair and piercing green eyes asked. "Oh shut up, I'm not going to kill anyone", I said, faking an offended look. "Alright, go ahead. Tell me."

"Okay so, I doubt that the Mobius we knew doesn't exist anymore. I think you just pushed me into the wrong universe, since the Sacred Timeline was already messed up before you killed Kang --yes, that's his name, apparently--. However, I do not know which one of all the universes is the right one, so I can't use the Tesseract to travel there. Thank you for that, by the way", I said sarcastically, while she narrowed her eyes in response and plastered a smile on her face. "Anyway, in order to get to that universe, I'd now use the Tesseract to get to the TemPad, -- the one you used to push me out of a time door --, because that does contain the information on the original universe, so we'd use that to create a time door to our universe." I'm smart, yes, I'm aware.
"But, we can't do that, because that's what they'll expect." I nodded: "Indeed. That's why we're going to use the Tesseract and go to a random timeline. There, the TVA should pick us up, because there aren't supposed to be three Lokis in one universe. When we're in the TVA, we steal a TemPad and find the right universe."

"That could actually work", she answered, agreeing to my wonderful plan. "You're sure you're up for it", I asked, just to be sure. I didn't want to force her into doing stuff she might not want to. "What about these Kangs, then? We're just supposed to let the war between them happen and do nothing, risking the end of all universes, of the multiverse?" She didn't sound worried, she was just making sure we made the right choice. "My brother's boy band will fix that", I answered assuringly. "Alright, let's do it."

I brought out The Tesseract and entwined our hands. She looked at me with a soft smile, which I returned. We closed our eyes and while I thought of New York City, I could feel our bodies losing all of their weight, travelling though space. As soon as I felt gravity working in on my body again, I opened my eyes and saw a small lake, reflecting the lights of all the tall buildings before us. The edges of the lake were frozen, and the few rain drops were turning into snow flakes as they fell down. The night had just fallen and there were barely any people around. Next to me, I saw how Sylvie was standing still with her eyes still closed. The silver moonlight illuminated her golden hair. Her face looked soft, angelic even. She was a god, after all. "Open your eyes", I said to her. Her green eyes met the marvellous scenery in front of us. "It's beautiful", she stated. I nodded in response. "You hungry", I asked excitedly. "Absolutely."

We went to get shawarma, took it with us on top of a tall hotel in Manhattan. I had always wondered how New York must've looked like in winter, and I must say it's absolutely gorgeous. Even though the memories linked to this city haunted me, I enjoyed every split second of it. We sat there, eating shawarma in a comfortable silence, looking out over the city. I looked beside me, to the woman sitting next to me. I suddenly realized that it was the first time I had seen her off-guard. She looked relaxed, vulnerable. Most importantly, she looked happy.

I didn't notice that I was staring, until she looked back at me. "You like the view", she asked. "You're my best view", I answered with a smile. "Ew, cheesy." We laughed, as if there was nothing in the world to worry about, as if, for one evening, we weren't the murderous supervillans everyone considered us to be.

After we finished our food, we sat there until 2 in the morning. "What do you think about sneaking in this hotel to get some well-deserved rest", I asked Sylvie. "Is that even a question", she responded, as she was already standing up. She opened the door that led to the stairs, from which we descended. We were running in the corridor like two teenage girls, laughing like the rest of the world was paused for a moment, and we were the only ones alive. I went to look for a platform of this level, and saw one room that would be perfect for us. "Sylvie", I shouted, but at a whispering level, "find room 598." We arrived at the door, which was obviously locked. I summoned my magic, green light coming from my hands, causing the door to open. She opened a little more and walked in. "Nobody's here", she informed me. "Great." I got in, shut the door, and switched on the lights. "Alright, it's a room with two beds, and a wall to separate them. I didn't want to invade your privacy", I said sincerely. "Thank you."

Sylvie's POV

We both went to sleep, feeling happy and carefree. It felt wonderful. Even though I had never felt wanted in my entire life, this man with ocean blue eyes and a smile that could light up the entire world, made me feel wanted, he made me feel cared for.

I don't know what time it was, I think it must've been around 4 AM, I was woken by weird noises. I got up, pulled on the bathrobe that was laying in the closet, and went to the other side of the wall. Loki was moving uncontrolled, his head made short, but powerful movements from side to side, while he tried to speak. He was having a nightmare. I walked over to his bed, sat next to him, as I laid my hand on chest. The movements didn't improve, the noises became louder. "Loki, it's okay", I tried. Suddenly, he woke up. He was sweating, his eyes were wide open. "Hey, it's okay." As soon as he noticed me, he sat op straight, revealing his bare chest. His hands took mine and brought them up to his temples. He wanted me to enchant him. I hesitated, but eventually did close my eyes and looked into his mind, soon noticing he didn't want me to enchant him, but that he wanted to show me something.

What am I?
Tell me!
Why? Because I- I am the monster parents tell their children about at night?
Kneel!
Look at this! Look around you.
Your birthright was to die as a child.

I pulled away, looking down, processing the shocking events he had shown me. As soon as I looked up again, and my eyes met his blue ones, and I simply couldn't resist anymore. Maybe time stopped, when his lips met mine, but the flutter only intensified. My heart pounded in my chest, as my body weakened under his touch. I could only focus on his soft lips, that moved in sync with mine. He addictively invaded all my senses. I kept my eyes half open, just to make sure this wasn't a product of my imagination. Heat rose from my stomach to my chest, as he started sucking my lower lip and biting it slowly. He crawled on top of me, leaving my lips shortly, as I put my hands over his neck. Loki pulled me in, claiming my mouth again, hungry and intense. It felt like the planet rotating beneath us stopped its endless circle, like the infinite universes clashed, like there was just him and me, in this moment. After what felt like a lifetime of pure joy, he pulled away, looking me in the eyes.

He waited for a brief second. "Thank you for not pushing me through a time door", he said, smiling like an idiot. "Oh piss off." We both laughed. I crawled out of his bed, but he got a hold of my arm. "What do you think you're doing", he said, with a serious voice. "To the other side of the wall, for, you know, your privacy", I answered honestly. "If you're okay with it, you could just sleep here", he offered, on a vulnerable tone. I smiled and got back into bed, initially respecting some distance between him and me. Afterwards, I crawled up closer to him. I, a Loki, was being the little spoon, which was only seen by the infinite lights of New York City, peering though the hotel window.

Dagger through the multiverseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें