Chapter 7

A/N: 1KKKKKK! LOVE YALL XOXO

Loki's POV

The morning sunlight tickled my eyelids, causing them to open slowly. However, it wasn't the morning greeting New York City that stroke me, it was the beautiful blond who was nestled against my bare chest that did. Memories of last night flashed by. Oh, no. She has seen everything. Every horrific moment of my life. Every moment that changed the man I am permanently. And then she kissed me. Hopefully, that means she accepts it. But I can't jump to conclusions. I can't get my hopes up.

Her body started shifting against me, and I could see her eyes fluttering open. "Morning", I greeted her. In shock, she turned around, but as soon as my eyes met hers, she relaxed. "Morning", she answered with a smile, as she was rubbing her eyes. She frowned, and I could basically see her remembering yesterday. The look on her face was a scared one, rather than a confused one. She still has a hard time trusting me, I guess. Luckily, her expression wasn't a horrified one, which was a relief. She visibly regained confidence: "I forgot to tell you yesterday", she started, "that I don't care what you've been through, I don't care what you've done, I just know that I like spending time with you. The rest doesn't matter to me." She looked at me with care, as if her words came straight from her heart. "And I don't care you have a hard time gaining trust in people, just know that I'd never hurt you, nor betray you. I'll give you the space you want, and when you're ready to trust me, I'll be right beside you", I said, sounding so sincere it even shocked me myself. We exchanged smiles, after which she frowned: "This is so cheesy, Christ. I hate it." I laughed. "It is, right?"

"What if the TVA comes in now, it'd be awkward", she wondered out loud. "Don't worry about it, barely anyone saw us yesterday, so we wouldn't have created a branch big enough for them to come for us." She nodded: "So today we need to mess up this universe?" "Exactly", I answered with a smile. I saw her smiling evilly. "We have to create a branch, not blow up this world", I clarified. "What a shame", she said, faking a disappointed look.

We got dressed and were ready to go out, after we had discussed the plan. There was no point in hiding anymore, so we decided to go out through the front door, which didn't strike anybody as odd. As soon as we left the hotel, snowflakes were decorating the white scenery ahead of us. Many people were strolling on the side walk already, wearing rather warm clothing. It must be pretty cold. Cars were honking at passers-by, and tires were screeching because of abrupt movements on slippery roads. As we were walking towards Time Square, I saw Sylvie looking around like a child in a candy shop. "You've never been in New York, I suppose." She was pulled out of her amazement and shook her head. "Have you even been to Midgard in general", I wondered out loud. "I haven't." I was surprised. "Once we're at the original timeline, I'll show you around. I promise." She smiled, but immediately started looking around again. We walked like that, in silence, for about half an hour.

The impressive buildings, many pedestrians, and the colourful surrounding indicated that we had reached our destination. We stood in the centre of Times Square, when we initiated the plan. "Go ahead, you first", I said. Sylvie bowed down and picked up some snow. As she was molding it, she looked around, to locate her first victim. She eventually threw the snowball into the direction of some rich woman, who was wearing a sable fur coat. As we were walking away, without being suspicious, we heard a scream, followed by some exclamations. I couldn't help but laugh as I turned my head to witness the mad woman, who was trying so desperately to get the snow out of her expensive clothes.

When she had stopped making a scene, it was my turn. I looked around and my eyes fell on one teenager who was bullying a younger boy. He was facing away from me, so I hit him right above his collar, where the cold snow could fall in between his clothes and skin. He turned around, looking mad, but we had already start to walk away from him.

Even though we were making quite the mess, there was no sign of the TVA just yet. "Come on, another round", I said, when she was already molding another snowball. She trew it into the direction of an arrogant-looking, middle-aged man. It hit him right in the face. It was when he took of his woolen hat, to shake the snow out off it, that I recognized him. "Shit", I whispered. Tony Stark.

I took Sylvie's shoulder and dodged his stare. "Off all people, you chose Tony Stark?" "Who", she asked. "Basically, the biggest arse of my brother's boy band. He better not see me, or I am very dead", I said, as I turned my back and started walking away. "It's not the same timeline, maybe he adores you here", she said, while trying to keep up with my rapid pace. "I really don't want to put it to the test. By the way, where is the bloody TVA when you need them." We were basically running away from Times Square now, when suddenly, I heard a loud, familiar thud behind me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I am still waiting for that drink", I said as I turned around with a fake smile plastered on my face. "What are you doing here, Loki", the tin man said on a serious tone. Always so boring. "I'm here to enjoy this wonderful city", I answered on a joyful tone. He put out his hand, and I could hear the energy of his repulsor being activated. "I'll ask one more time: What are you doing here?"

A time door opened. "About bloody time", I said as the hunters stepped out of it. Stark turned towards them: "Excuse me, who do you think you are?" "There appears to be a standard sequence violation, variants identified", a hunter announced. Stark, however, was trying so hard to stand his ground: "Hey, answer me! Earth is under my protection." He stepped in front of the hunters that were coming to arrest Sylvie and me. Big mistake. They planted their weird sticks into his helmet, and made him move at 1/16th speed. I enjoyed seeing this so much. Just some popcorn and I'd watch this all day long. "You two", one hunter announced, "you're under arrest for crimes against the sacred timeline." They handcuffed Sylvie and I, before they pushed us through the time door.

We were taken to the lobby, then pushed into that elevator, forced to sign some stuff, checked if we were robots, forced to take a ticket, got the lame introduction video. You know, been there, done that. We cooperated, so that we were less suspicious for trying to get out of here as soon as possible. 

Once we were in the courtroom, it started to get interesting. If Mobius didn't come in and help us out, we'd be reset and that would be the end of us. Ravonna Renslayer sat behind her high counter. I could see the anger burning in Sylvie's eyes, so I shook my head when she looked at me, telling her to calm down. "How do you plead", Ravonna said coldly. "Why should we plead", I asked, acting oblivious. "I don't know how, but you weren't on the right timeline, which caused quite a branch. Also, two Loki's aren't supposed to be on the same timeline, even if it would be your own", she said, explaining everything like she was the most important person in the universe. I almost had to puke. "I'll ask again, how do you plead?" "Guilty, of this", Sylvie said. She knocked out the hunter next to her and threw his staff to Ravonna, who successfully dodged it. She managed to loop Sylvie back, immediately, to her original spot next to me. Damn it, this was not the plan. "Reset them, immediately", she screamed angrily. This was bad. Even if Mobius shows up, he will not be able to talk her out of this. We are so dead.