34

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
favorite crime

The sound of wheel screeching in the gravel can be heard as the dust particles fly in the air causing a little fog as his figure made its way out of the vehicle and immediately moves his eyes to search for something he might lose anytime soon. Not until his eyes finally found her, casually dangling her feet on the edge of the cliff where they loved to seat and stargaze yet now she isn't looking at the gloomy stars instead the girl's head down low as she tries to hide her weak situation right now.

Skies is turning a lot more lighter as it is near to six in the morning, white fluffy plumps of clouds started to sails in the vast canvas of the sky with the new hues of yellow and orange everytime the sun's rays tries to peak out from the ground and completely take over the sky to shed some light to the down broken soul sitting in the dangerous end of the cliff. Wind whistling as it blows, the branches of the tree with their initials engraves there slightly sways in rhythm.

Her exposed skin shivers at the cold morning wind that carefully caresses her slowly mending her aching heart and heavy head. Hair strands falling from her face the rest of her hair falls in her back kind of sticky due to the spattered blood that ended up in her head alongside with the sweat, it covered her face yet her face remain beautiful- so ethereal with the golden rays of sunlight hitting her skin it lights up her bloodshot eyes who finally looks up to the sky.

You can clearly see the pain of betrayal plastered in her face along with the mourning for that her father is probably dead right at this moment. Her mind can't stop floating in abyss and it soak with too many overwhelming questions she didn't know she can even fetch out of uncertainty she is lost in the sea of thoughts raging up inside her fuzzy mind. Her soul craves for an answer for her heart to finally calm down yet she found none.

He just watch her from afar where he casually leans his back on his car parked not that far from the girl who just cry her heart and frustration out silently fully aware that he is watching her. His heart painfully squeeze at the sight of her breaking down just all because of him and his stupid plans, the girl's dad is right he didn't even think twice before proceeding to do his said plan despite of the girl ending up hurting it doesn't even cross his mind.

Selfish, he is utterly selfish for not thinking about what she will feels. If he truly loves her then why do he always ending up hurting her and saving himself? Love supposed to not be selfish yet the latter is very selfish to only think about closing the longest mission he ever had- maybe that is the reason why he forgot to think about her is because the execution of Wonhang is the only mission he can't finish and its already five years since TY assigned that mission to them.

The urge to succeed really blinds someone up to the point where they literally go blind with the blinding spotlight that they thrives and thirsts for, they're driven by the greed to succeed that nobody can just stop them even themselves - uncontrollable control freaks. Any excessive amount of time under a spotlight or any kind of light really affects people big time and they know it but they live for it.

A warm clothing engulf her shaking body and the whip of the familiar scent cut her off the trance making her look up to the boy who take a seat next to the girl but left a breathable space between the two of them. Both of them cut their tongue despite of the urge to fire each other with words that they need to hear and need to say yet they fall in a uncomfortable deafening silence that looms between the soulmates that can't even dare to look at each other.

The ones who used to look at each other until one of them melts can't even meet each other's eye, afraid that once they look at the other they'll found nothing but an empty space next to them. They're scared to talk for that they might end up saying things they don't even mean but will come off in a mean way that will hurt themselves. They've hold on to each other that they're afraid to abandon or to be abandoned by the other one, they stick together that they don't know how to separate.

“Would you mind telling me what really happened? Please don't you dare lie to me anymore because I don't even think that I can believe in those words that will come out of your mouth even though it's real” Meigui gather all her courage to say those words that come off in a whisper her honey like voice comes rough and hoarse due to the crying she done for two hours straight in an open space.

“Just like I told you earlier... your dad is right Mei. I faked my feelings for you from the start but please believe me when I say that I truly fell inlove with you along the run I'm so madly in love with you and you know that. I know it's wrong for me to make you believe that I love you when I didn't just to finish my business with your father but I already meant it when I told you that I love you” Renjun try his best to not cry while explaining the half of the truth to the girl.

“So your truly after me so that you can kill my father? Is that why you didn't kill me in the company's anniversary to what? to play with my feelings while writing how will I die in your own hands?” the girl's voice crack while saying those words as the tears fall from her eyes again as if it won't stop letting out tears that she thought she already poured down all earlier when she broke down but still there are too many left still.

The younger shook his head from side to side violently as he get up from his seat just to kneel down infront of the girl who started crying again, he try to reach his arms out to hug the girl but the girl softly push him away making him fall in his butt and starts to cry there. He can't hold the tears anymore, his chest moves up and down in a fast pace as he kneel down again and do the same thing but the girl stands up and walk away from him. Hesitantly he runs to hug her figure from behind and bury his face in her shoulder to cry there.

Chanting her name over and over again he hug her as if it his last as if the girl will disappear from his hold. His quivering lips place pepper kisses on her exposed shoulder while chanting her name again and again and how she shouldn't leave him.

“Why can't you just kill me Renjun! That's what are you meant to do anyways right... that's your mission and you supposed to finish your mission just like what you did to my dad that's why you played with my feelings! Kill me Renjun! my life and heart is always left up in your hands then why don't you kill that fucking beating heart and run away! I placed it there for I believed that you're going to take care of it yet you stepped on it shamelessly Jun- you hurt me” Meigui shouts on top of her lungs while squirming out of his embrace.

“No! even if I will die or not if I kill you I still wouldn't do that shit Meigui! I will never hurt you again I'm promise-” Renjun begged but ended up being slapped by the older who groan in frustration and finally made it out of his embrace that colds off the younger who immediately attach his self again to the girl who tries to push him off again “Go hurt me all you want if that will make you forgive me and believe that I love you-” the girl hit him again and again but he wouldn't budge to let her go.

“Know that I loved you so bad I let you treat me like that I was your willing accomplice, You used me as an alibi I crossed my heart as you crossed the line! It's bittersweet to think about the damage that we do cause I was going down but I was doing it with you... everything we broke and all the trouble that we made but I say that I hate you with a smile on my face- look what we became! All the things I did just so I could call you mine all the things you did well I hope I was your favorite crime!” she said over and over again and push the boy one more time and he fall down in his knees.

Chest heaving up and down she wear the coat properly and looked at his broken state one last time before completely walking away from the boy who didn't stopped crying until the sun finally shine up above his head with his body trembling and quivering.

“Loving you was a crime and it's the only crime that I committed that's why it's my favorite.”

one chapter left and we're finally going to see the outro of book 1 :)