Chapter One

ATTENTION!! MY WORKS ARE ONLY POSTED ON WATTPAD AND POPINK; SO IF YOU ARE READING THIS STORY FROM OTHER DEVICES OR SITES OTHER THAN THE ABOVE; THEN MY WORKS HAVE BEEN PIRATED AND COPIED.

Anna:

I stepped out of the car and took in the tall building in front of me, it was a forty-two story building, with dark glass and solar panels by the side. It had a grand entrance, double glass doors that opened automatically. It was designed with dark ebony wood and glass, a structure that would at first sight tell you it meant business and not play. Four security guards stood by the entrance, checking everyone that walked in and out. I could not make out their faces, but they had hard expressions, scolding eyes and were muscular in body.

For the tenth time I felt both nervousness and dread creep up my body, this was it, this was the moment Ainsley, and I were waiting for. If the interview went well and we got good reports and grades we would be done, four years in college, studying journalism would be done and dusted. I sighed a sigh of relief, but again I was anxious. The first four years of my early twenties were spent in four walls, with memories and friends and now, in less than two weeks we would be graduating, with Ainsley prolonging his study in university and I taking up a job that I had already applied for.

I took a glance at the environment, it barely had any flowers or potted plants or anything that made it look lively, it was all dull, obviously this was a man's world, and he could have his company the way he wanted. I looked at Ainsley who was struggling with his beat-up car, a security guard had seen him struggle and from his angle it seemed he was breaking into the expensive black jeep that was parked beside us. He started speaking into his microphone and walked towards us. He was well built and dark in complexion, I swallowed and turned to my partner.

"Ainsley what are you doing?" He sighed again and dropped his hand on the hood of his car, his hair was already dishevelled from the struggle between man and car.

"You know, this was the talk of the town some years back, a tough competitor, a mighty warrior but now," He eyed the expensive black jeep that was parked by his left. He managed to get one hand and leg out, but the space was just too small to fit his body through. I looked back at the guard and his companions that were making their way towards us, one was on his earpiece calling for a tow track. I looked back at Ainsley and gave him a pleading look, I knew how obsessed he was with his car, he had gotten it at the age of sixteen. Money that he had been saving for two years, and now he was twenty-six. I could still see the tenderness between him and his lover.

He closed the side door with a grump and made his way towards the boot, I opened it for him. "Here take this, and this, and that too, do you have my-? Oh, wait I have it here, hold this too, do not get it stained with your perfume, it's too strong for my delicate nose."

His legs tuck out from the boot followed by his body, he stood a foot taller than me and I had to look up at him. At times he acted like a girl, with his pink sweater he carried around, that had been knitted by his grandma and no he was not gay. He pulled out a mirror and dropped it in my hand, making sure he got a perfect position before running a comb through his hair and seeing himself. I rolled my eyes, and the patroller cleared his throat.

Ainsley threw the object in the car and turned to face him as he closed the boot, the man eyed his car with disgust and walked over to the black car that was beside it, evidently looking for any scratches on his master's car. Ainsley manned up and I felt emotional, if only people acted such way towards other humans, he opened his mouth to say something but I pinched his arm. As much as Ainsley was my best friend, he was a dick sometimes and this time was one of such times.

Getting such an appointment had taken over two weeks and more over with free packing, I was not going to allow him to make a scene because of some 2009 car model that was in deep need of repair and replacement.

I pulled him aside as the man came back to us, I showed him both our identity cards that were a must for us to have and he nodded once. Even as we walked towards the entrance of the building, I could still feel his gaze on my person, and it was disturbing.

Ainsley dropped the pink sweater around his neck, and I sighed inwardly. Gosh he had no sense of fashion whatsoever. "What was his deal, I mean I was trying to get out of my car and the hopeless owner of the black jeep parked badly." Should I tell him? I sighed no, I didn't want to waste any time, we were already five minutes late and had less than an hour with the interview.

He looked at me and I asked. "What?"

"I do not know, you're meant to complain about something, I don't know, like why I didn't allow you to drive?" I faced him and stopped him from moving, we were standing by the receptionist, and she looked at us with a smile on her face but with curious eyes, yes, I was curious to, about what I was trying to do. Was I going to kiss him or slap the smile that appeared on his face away? I went with none; a slap would have done but I did not want to create any scene; besides, what would be the reason behind the slap? The kiss, now that was something that sent shivers down my spine, yes, I like him but not like like, (or maybe I did).

Instead, I pulled off the sweater that sat around his shoulder and turned to face the smiling woman.

We, well I sat down on the porch sofa while Ainsley gave me the silent treatment. He had been called out for terrible parking and was asked to repark his car while paying a fine of fifty dollars. And surprise surprise he scratched the man's car- but that was not the reason for his bad mood. I held his sweater in a tight fist and as I had pulled it off of him- for the second time it got his hair dishevelled again, and a rip appeared on his shirt, not that I was worried, he was bound to come around sometime later after he realised, he had paid fifty dollars to some rich pot belly man. Yeah, he was bound to come around.

I looked around the waiting area and I could not help but feel out of place, it was plain, with dark wood for the flooring and dull coloured sofas, one thing that was strange about the place were the numerous amounts of mirrors that lined up the walls and floors, yet the theme of the building did not match with its name or form of business.

A woman walked up to us, "He is expecting you now."

"