Breaking Character

Jungkook

I am starting to question whether or not I was willing to do this. He said he wasn't a fan of BTS, but that doesn't mean he won't freak out, right? I was worried. I tried my best to lose that train of thought and transfer onto another, but it still played in the back of my mind. I tried to focus more on what could do right instead. For all I know, he won't even recognize me, though that might harm my ego.
This man is a complete stranger. What was I thinking? I wasn't. I knew I wasn't. I lead with my heart and that's always my downfall. Everyone knows that. My brothers know that. So does everyone close to me.
Fuck. I was so lost in thought, I already lost track of time. He was gonna be here soon, and I'm still wearing this stupid clown costume. I had exchanged my address with him the second I got off work yesterday. We went over times and dates for our date. I was stressed, to say the least. I found myself staring at myself in the bathroom mirror, thinking more than I should. I'm supposed to be getting ready.
Well, now it's definitely too late for that. I heard a shallow knock on my door. It was soft, almost as if intimidated.
"Shit," I murmured to myself, walking timidly out of the bathroom. Standing next to the door, I heard another knock, even lighter than the last one.
"Hello?" His voice rang through the door. I raised my hand to the handle and pulled the door open. I smiled at him. He smiled back. Fuck, he's huge. I realized how stupid I must look right now, still in my costume from when I had gotten off work a while ago. I told him my hours, he knew that.
"I, uh," I stuttered out, "I didn't mean to still have this on, I— I got distracted, I'm sorry." Bo grinned at me. Good. He wasn't judging me. I hesitantly mumble, "I should go take this off before I embarrass myself even more." I back away, turning back towards the bathroom. "Please make yourself at home while I do so," I say, trying to sound as sweet as possible.
I wash off the makeup quickly, I didn't want to keep the man waiting. I tear off my wig and look at myself in the mirror, fixing my fair as best as I could with my hands. I got this, right? This is normal. I'm just like every other person. I knew that was a lie, but I dismissed that thought. I wet my hair to get the red spray dye off from where the wig merged with my scalp. It didn't come out well, but it was better than before. I shagged my hair with a towel, finally walking out of the bathroom
I could feel his eyes on me. I was scared. I slowly pulled the towel away from my face and give Bo an uneasy smile. "Hi..." I say, sounding unsure of myself. He stared at me for a second, a smile growing on his face. He opened his mouth, only to close it once again. He was shocked, I think. I open my mouth to speak once again, but he cuts me off before I can.
"I'm glad you felt comfortable telling me," he says with an even bigger grin on his face. Relief washes over my body.