Chapter two: New evil arises

That same week

Lila was found pacing the fields of Paris thinking. " I must find a way to beat those little scoundrels. What did Hawkmoth not do?" She was fidgeting the butterfly pin in between her fingers. Nooroo was nowhere in sight, as they were told to be.

A couple moments later a young man walks by and sees the pin." Are you a fan of Hawkmoth? You know he's in jail right? And who knew he was Gabriel Agreste! Like he made a f-" the man was cut off by being punched in the nose with a quick swipe of Lila. She was not going to deal with this slander of her partner.

Her first step, to get him free, is to find the peacock miraculous. She wasn't yet an adult to use powers freely but soon enough she would. Chat noir and ladybug were getting stronger every battle and Lila had to find a way to prevent it. She started walking. Where? She didn't know.

Over at the agreste household things were tense. Nathalie didn't know what to do without her boss around and didn't know what to do with poor adrien who must've been traumatized by now. She decided to go talk to him.

"Hey- um hello Adrien I would like to talk to you." She spoke with such a tight voice. Is this what being an assistant did to her? How could she be casual? Was that even possible?

" Come in Nathalie, what did you need?" He wasn't in the mood to talk especially with ladybug on his mind but couldn't say no to his new mother.

"How are you doing with everything?" She tried her best to sound empathetic but it wasn't easy.

"I don't know honestly, I just want my mother back. Now that I know she's been in my basement that I didn't even know we had isn't doing very much.." he couldn't even finish the sentence before shedding a tear. He was scarred. Fighting his dad for his mom.
"It just isn't sitting very well" he spoke through very hurt eyes. Sniffles came from every direction. Plagg was doing his very best to stay hidden but wasn't very good. He just want to go comfort his friend.

"Well I'll be going now" Nathalie was uncomfortable with the situation at hand and decided to leave. Adrien had mixed feelings. Is this how she's going to treat him now? If so, he's got to get out more.

——————————————————————

Nothing felt safe. You could walk around the corner and never know what's there. Most of the time it'll be clear, until it's not.

Marinette was up all night, trying to find a design that suited Adrien. The video rang in her head nonstop. Radie- no we are not going down that way again, you are over him girl.
Alya's words were harsh but true.

She had to move on already.

After hours of designing and ripping out papers, she finally got it right. It was about two in the morning at the time. Marinette was fully aware of school she had in a few hours and really should've gotten sleep, but a knock on the window stopped her.

It was Chat.

"Hey kitty, what's keeping you awake" she speaks softly while leaning on the window sill.

"Probably not much different from you princess, but I'm doing feline thanks for asking" he puts on his charming face for Marinette. She can't help but caress his hand. She had been shaky from drawing all morning and needed to destress somehow. He started to quietly purr, but not anything noticeable.

"You really should get a better sleep schedule" she looked him dead in the eye with her mom look. He knew fully that he should leave at that moment.

But he didn't.

"Sleep is for mere civilians. Chat noir doesn't need sleep." He answered. Chat may have not needed sleep but Marinette did and before she knew it, she was passed out on the floor, quietly snoring.
Chat had to do something. He couldn't just leave her like this. So he scooped her up and she nuzzles closer to his chest.

Only if it could stay like this, he thought. After a few minutes of taking it in, he sets her down and plants a light kiss on her forehead. He knew he'd never regret that. And just like that he leapt out the window to go back to his dreadful prison of a home.

——————————————————-
The next day
——————————————————-

Don't be bemused it's just the news! Nadia chamack here live on what seems to be unearthly natural disasters by what we believe to be an akumatized civilian of Paris, but for some reason the powers are exceedingly stronger than before. Is there a new hawkmoth-

IM NOT HAWKMOTH I AM A NEW MISTRESS OF EVIL! SOMETHING YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN *cue evil laughter filling the city*

The news cut off. Who was this new villain? Were they the holder of the butterfly miraculous? Adrien didn't know but he did need to get out on the action. Hopefully ladybug thought this as well.

Just as he was about to transform, Nathalie walks into his room.
"What are you doing Adrien? It's so early and you have nothing planned but school today."
She was absolutely confused on what was going on.

"Oh uuuh I was just cosplaying as Chat noir since y'know he is probably just as popular as the Agreste brand, heheh?" He was hoping that would catch Nathalie off guard to not question anymore. As he had hoped, she walked out of the room no questions asked.

" Plagg, CLAWS OUT!"

He goes flying through the city, trying to find the akumatized villain but everything seemed fixed already. Had ladybug already fixed everything and leaving him in the dust again? He thought they were out of this phase already. Chat decided to think nothing of it.

Ladybugs POV

The news channel was running again. Another villain was out there just as she suspected but who? Before her very eyes flew by Volpina before she could think anymore. VOLPINA?! What's she doing here... hawk moth can't akumatize her anymore, which means this has got to be an illusion. Marinette, untransformed, paced in her room thinking of so many scenarios that this could lead to. Millions filled her head until she heard the cheering of civilians chanting Volpina's name. This couldn't be happening.

People were cheering on the person who would be their downfall.

———————————————————
Again sorry for a long dragging chapter, next chapter will be better. I hope.