Spooky

You awaken on the couch, a nasty crick in your back begging to be popped. It's aching, and no matter how far you stretch your body, it won't budge.

Your attention is immediately taken by the giant television, the one that Murdoc always shows his favourite parts of the music video "Rock The House" on. But instead of playing that mess, it's playing the end credits to The Spongebob Movie, the hit song "Ocean Man" playing in the background as a picture of Spongebob is shown mopping the floor. It's quickly swallowed by the top of the TV screen and a new picture appears to take its place. This time, it's Spongebob holding a "Manager" badge while in the air celebrating, while Squidward looks downright miserable.

You chuckle at the cartoon before grabbing the remote and switching it off, the music ending abruptly. You heave yourself off the disgusting sofa and quickly climb up the stairs to your bedroom, only to notice that the one in the far back has its lights on. Well, a faint light; almost like a nightlight. You hear a faint humming coming from there as well, and a strong bass guitar playing along to what sounds like David Bowie.

You stop in front of his door before even realising you had walked there, and just listen. It sounds like Moonage Daydream, and he's playing along with it quite professionally. You're almost jealous. A man with this much talent, yet he's such an ass.

You bring one foot forward to peek in the door crack, but trip over a lump in the carpet instead, grasping the door frame like your very life depended on it before you fall flat on your face. The door opens wide, and without even turning his head, his eye falls on your frame.

"Oh go— Satan. I'm so sorry, Murdoc. I heard you playing your bass and just wanted to check in. I'm sorry I disturbed you like that—"

He rolls his shoulders, and grimaces as you just stand in the doorframe. He rises, bass in hand, and turns off his record player, he doesn't turn back around as he walks to the other side of his room, where a wall of guitars are hung neatly.

"Do I need to kick you out myself?" He scowls, placing El Diablo back on its pedestal. Without warning, and almost like you just walked into a horror movie, he rotates his head 180 degrees and stares into your eyes, and smiles. "Because I will."

You let out a small shriek before you close the door and run to your room, making sure to lock the door on your way in there.

Almost as if like clockwork, a strike of lightning lights up the entire room and a loud crack of thunder follows shortly after, making you jump. Rain begins to drum on the rooftop, quickly escalating to a batter. You catch your breath as you fall onto the mattress and situate yourself underneath your covers. Your mind racing about what you just witnessed.

You probably won't get any sleep tonight.