Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes - Murdoc/Reader
Triggers: Alcohol, Cussing, Drug Use
★ ————————— ★

It has been quite busy for the past three weeks. Interviews, autographs, and everything in between. Despite this, not one of the band members showed a bit of aggravation. In fact, they were ecstatic about the attention and even privately wished for more.

You? You could care less. The actions of fans and fangirls meant nothing to you, but you are delighted to hear that the band wants nothing less of the attention. With the release of the first volume of "Song Machine", popularity skyrocketed and no one here could be happier. After all, the point of releasing a new album was to make fans satisfied.

After the third week, things began to die down. With that did the rest of the band. One by one, regular days turned into lazy ones, and lazy ones turned into influenced ones, usually only with weed or alcohol. Everyone is joyful, happy, and of course: high. You couldn't ask for anything better.

You sat down for what felt like the millionth time today, back aching from poor posture. You stretched your back muscles, groaning at the pleasant crack! noise and relaxed against the fluffy cushions with a gaudy moan.

I've had enough weed for tonight, you thought, zoning out at the wooden planked floor as "Evil Dead: Army of Darkness" played on the television in front of you. You zoned back in the moment you heard the hearty resistance of the wooden stairs behind you; signalling that a person is coming down the steps.

"Awh man, you won't BELIEVE the amount of women I met today, haawhaaw."

Of course. Murdoc Niccals, Messiah of Gorillaz. A loud, boisterous man who has it all out for him. Money, fame, anything he could ask for. You should say that he bothers the shit out of you, but you can't, because he doesn't.

You smile genuinely at him before speaking, "I saw. You must've been spoiled all day Mudz," he laughed a real laugh, and grinned back in adoration.

"Damn straight," he replied. "Didn't shag any of them, though," you raised an eyebrow.

"Why's that?"

He chuckled.

"Nobody could beat the love you give, luv. Nobody. You should be happy that I saved all of this for ya," he replied, using his hands to make the gesture to his toned chest, signalling, "I am hot shit." You'd be lying if you said you didn't adore his chest and the fact that he somehow doesn't have a beer belly after all he's drank in the past years.

"Besides," he continued, "I would never shag other women when I'm dating the best partner I've had in a looooong time," he drawled and hummed lowly, a gravelly growl close behind. You laughed and blushed red, nervously moving a strand of hair behind your ear.

Before you even knew it, Murdoc had positioned himself beside you on the couch, propping his legs up on the table and crisscrossing them at the heel of his boots. He still had a bottle of Rum in his left hand, almost empty. His face is flushed due to alcohol, and a dumbass grin plastered on his face that always makes you giggle. You elbowed him in his side in which evoked an "eh?" from him before he chuckled and pulled you closer to his chest.

He hummed lowly and kissed the top of your head.

"You remind me of the stars in the sky," he blurted at you.

"Oh, really? How's that?"

"You shine brighter than anything I have ever seen. Brighter than Heaven, probably. Psh, fuck talkin' bout Heaven. You shine brighter than magma in the pits of Hell, darling. Just like the stars, ya give people hope. You gave me hope. Hope to be a better person, help righten myself. I mean, yeahhh, I still drrrink, but not as much as I used to. You give me a reason to lower my drrrinking amount, ya'know?"

He was rambling at this point, but it is cute, and you could tell he meant every word he was spitting out of his jaws. The complete adoration towards you made you blush and stutter through your words.

"O-Oh! You really mean all that? Thank you so much, I— Nobody has ever said anything like that to me before. It means a lot coming from you, Mudz. Thank you."

Were you... crying? You wiped some tears from your face that you didn't even know you had spewed, sniffling softly. You've never cried like this in front of him before, you usually keep it to yourself and cry on your own, either in your room or outside. But you are high, so that might explain why your emotions are so out of wack at the moment.

Murdoc looked at you questionably, cocking a brow. He then grabbed your face softly with his hands, using his thumbs to wipe stale tears away from your cheeks. He cooed, whispering softly into your ear all the things he loves about you. The way you walk, talk, play the guitar, sing, dance, all in between. If his drunk, lovesick rambles didn't make you cry, all the sweet sayings surely do.

You smile softly, sinking your cheek into his right palm and closing your eyes in a momentary bliss.

"You have such pretty eyes," Murdoc cooed.

"When they're filled with tears, they look like they have small stars in them. But the beauty doesn't make up for the melancholy feeling of which brings them into the light. Please don't cry, luv. I love you more than anything in the whole wide world. Don't cry, please? For me?"

You laugh gently and hiccup, a wide smile gracing your features as you speak, "I'm not crying because I'm sad. I'm crying because you awaken these emotions I've never had before, which is a great thing. I love you too, Murdy, please don't ever think any different. I will always love you."

"Good, darling. Because I have just the thing to dry the rest of those tears." He's a lot more sober, now.

"What would that be?"

He opens his arms in a gesture to the window and makes a loud, ecstatic noise that sounds somewhat between an excited child and a demon from the darkest pits of Hell.

"We are gonna stargaze tonight, my dear. All night, we are going to stargaze. Just you and me, my precious devil. Hawhaw! Just you and me."

"I would love that," you reply, kissing his cheek and intertwining your hand with his. "I wouldn't want anything else in the whole world."