"Huh?!" Fushiguro looking at him deadpanned, an irk mark on his temple .

"I mean, people say they would gladly eat their favorite food everyday, y'know? But after a while it won't be special anymore, so eating it once in a while is enough and the excitement to wait for the waitress to bring the plate.." Itadori kept rambling and his companion just sighed for a moment staring now at the shadow he was making because of the reddish sun.

There are moments that words are not necessary, there are moment that you're favorite food can wait.

But sometimes.. just sometimes, you need them.

A reinforcement, like a boost of happiness.

Words are not always necessary, but we'll need them nonetheless.

~

Fushiguro was a stubborn boy and Itadori was completely aware of it.

He was willing to do social things that didn't consume much of his energy or that didn't make him be in the spotlight, yet there were moments he needed to act first and still refused to do so.

If she were here this would be easier.. Or maybe worse..

Remembering how tired Y/N was when she arrived from her mission with Todo so her next assignments were postponed, giving her the chance to take a break, even if she brought two Sukuna's fingers back.

A nice job to say nonetheless, Gojo was impressed and he even expressed it out loud without a sarcastic tone hiding in his cheerful voice.

Yet that day Y/N just gave a sad smile, her body impling that it was a rough night, too much she didn't give lots of details on what happened.

Ah, yes. Sorcerers are supposed to get used to missions and promotions but it seemed like she was starting to avoid them for a reason that none of them didn't know and Fushiguro preferred not to ask her because it was a taboo topic for the moment.

As if she knew something they didn't..

Itadori's memories of his days patrolling with Nanami when they were investigating a dark haired highschooler with a passion for horror movies.

This job is changing us all in a way..

His thoughts interrupted when Fushiguro tapped his shoulder, startling him for a few seconds.

"What?" asked the dark haired boy deadpanned "You almost tripped, walking and not paying attention".

The pink haired boy looked down and notice he never stopped walking at the mall and almost walked over some seats, random people sitting a few feet away from him with their meals on their tables.

"You almost embarrassed us" Kugisaki groaned at Itadori, taking a seat and placing her bags on the table.

"Put them down, you're blocking the way for people to see ahead.." Fushiguro continued but the caramel haired girl just sighed in response.

"I wish Y/N were here" the student expressed with sadness "I don't like being the only girl when we go out".

Both boys deadpanned until one of them snapped out.