Chapter 24

A/N: Hello! I have nothing else to say rather than thank you and that I'd love if you guys listen to an specific song I put on the playlist for this fanfic

The Devil's Tears - Angus and Julia Stone

That's it, have a beautiful read!

~

Sun peeking through the girl's room made its way to her face, grunting sounds coming from her as she pull the sheets to her face. She slept more than she was used to but still wanted to stay under the covers for a while.

"Kelp" said Inumaki going out of her bathroom combing his silky hair and smiling at her.

"Good morning to you too, Toge" she smiled back, stretching her body still on the mattress and then sitting at the edge of the bed looking at him "Did you sleep well?".

"Salmon!" shutting his eyes and grinning, he was so different from last night, he was so tired, scared, worried and defeated.

Today he seemed brighter, happy, because you were there.

His family was safe.

"I'm glad to hear that" Y/N stood up and walked to the bathroom to do her hygiene routine.

In the bathroom, she washed her face and sighed recalling what had happened and staring at her body looking for some souvenirs from that battled marked on her.

She found none.

After some minutes when she went out of the bathroom, to meet an already dressed up Inumaki in his usual clothing, leaving the tank top and the shorts he was wearing in his sleep perfectly placed on the futon.

"Do you want to have breakfast with me?" Y/N asked in a friendly tone, the boy giving her a sad smile that suddenly changed on a more curious one, watching her as he closed his eyes a little to examine her better "Toge?".

He looked for his phone that was at his reach, going to the Notes App and typing fast, he already got used to texting because of his lack of vocabulary, he would be those persons to reply a second after you send the message.

I can't, you're busy

She tilted her head and frowned confused.

"I'm not following" she stared at Inumaki who was walking to the door, as soon as he opened it to reveal a big creature of black fur sitting there patiently.

He pet the familiar figure and signaled them to enter, walking in the unknown place to meet someone they already knew the scent perfectly.

"Gyokuken?" she said more for herself than the other two, petting the big black dog who was wagging their tail happily as soon as they saw her "Hmm?".

The shikigami walked to the said of her, showing a red thread wrapped in their neck with something else attached to it.

It was a letter.

She reached to it and detached the envelope off the dog, staring at the paper that was now in her hands, she didn't think the shikigami's owner was going to do things like this in a such traditional and cheesy way.

On the other hand, the spiky haired boy felt it disrespectful to enter the foreign room without her permission, so he rather asked for his dog to go there, of course the boy could have just texted her.

But he indeed liked to approach what he wanted in a tradicional way.

Who he wanted.