Chapter 9

"I still don't understand!" Itadori groaned looking at his notebook, Fushiguro was about to slap him for being so dumb.

The morning was calm at least for Y/N who was on her way to the dojo for her sparring training with Itadori. Her arms were fully recovered so the bandages weren't necessary anymore, she tried to lift some weight and used her curse energy to test her limits and notice that after what happened at the park her body was taking her strength better as if it was slowly getting used to the amount of power she had.

At the dojo, the other three first years were just hanging out waiting for Y/N to join them, they already had breakfast and since Gojo went on a mission it was a day off for them; Itadori was in his usual joyful state and while he was waiting for her, Fushiguro and Kugisaki were helping him for a test they were going to have the next day but the pink haired boy made it seem impossible.

"Inherited Techniques are the ones that each Clan share with their newborns, Innate Techniques are the ones you're born with or are manifested when you're a kid" Kugisaki added annoyed.

"Inherited is Family and Innate is Personal" Fushiguro tried to put it shorter for the pink haired boy to understand.

"Both techniques sound the same! Newborns and the ones when your bor- what?!" Itadori covered his face and groaned.

"What's going on?" Y/N appeared for her sparring session with Itadori, the students greeted her while she entered and sat on the floor with them.

"This idiot is having trouble trying to know the differences between Innate and Inherited Techniques" Kugisaki said and the ravenette boy nodded.

There was a moment of silence, the poor Itadori and his now red face feeling dumb for not knowing something that was so simple and important for his now sorcerer life couldn't make eye contact with Y/N who had a sad smile on her face; she felt sorry for him.

She couldn't blame Kugisaki or Fushiguro, it was indeed something basic for a Sorcerer but they forgot one thing

Itadori just started a couple of months ago.

Everything that they saw as normal, common or basic was new for him, too much information for him to process even if he was a teenage. They were rushing him for now being Sukuna's vessel that maybe he sometimes felt overwhelmed by everything.

"Itadori-san what's your favorite food?" Y/N asked and the three of them tilted their heads at the sudden change of topic.

"Ginger Chicken Meatballs, why?" He asked "Want me to show you how to do them?".

"Who taught you how to make them?" She asked, ignoring the previous question.

"My grandpa" the other two students were too confused to ask about why she was asking for food "I like them with some soy sauce, though".

"That's inherited, the recipe was shared for the next generation. However, you adding soy sauce not being in the recipe would be innate because it's your way to cook them now and no one can take that from yoy." Y/N smiled when she saw Itadori's eyes sparkling.

Kugisaki was about to say something but she closed her mouth, it was a childish way to explain it but by Itadori's reaction it was as clear as crystal that he understood. Now that they brought the topic they realized that no explanation to Itadori was given so he probably thought his classmates shared the same type when actually Fushiguro's Shikigami is Inherited while Kugisaki's and Todo's techniques are Innate.

"I get it now!" His fists pumping the air from excitement "Do you have Inherited Technique?".

"Mhm" she nodded showing her family seal on her hands.