Chapter 27

Everyday from 2pm to 5pm, two kids would be playing in front of a lake.

One of then wearing a mask, hiding half of his face, the other one wearing two small gloves.

Neither of them knew how to control their technique properly, playing hide and seek, sometimes the boy would like to play tag or racing.

The fear crept in their smiles and heavy breaths looking for the sweet oxygen after draining their hyperactivity.

A boy that could curse someone if he dare to say a command and a girl who could curse someone if she decided to touch them.

The friendship that seemed nearly impossible, the boy's clan doing what they could to teach him early to use codewords for protections both his and the others' just like they had done for their bloodline.

A young Inumaki hiding in the woods to cry because the other toddlers didn't understand him, they didn't want to understand him.

But her.

That innocent friendship worked, because they made it work.

Sharing their fears, those horrifying nightmares, the heavy weight they both carried suddenly to be released once they took their problems by the collar to find salvation.

Getting out of the purgatory.

~

The Purgatory: a place or state of temporary suffering or misery where the pain is insane but only temporary.

That is the best way to describe Y/N's Binding Vow.

For a person like her who since very young seek for affection and reassurance; her pact restraining her from her senses, making her feel alone in the dark, left behind to die was hell the first times she activated it.

It took her several times to get used to it and sharpen her touch and taste senses which increased their sensibility in that ghostlike state, her body desperate to escape from the hell she put herself consciously like a poor animal that shivers looking at the hunter with their weapon aiming to their head.

It's pure logic.

When a person is restrained for the things they love, they become more aggressive, more desperate, more aware, faster, wilder with only two options in their mind.

Do or die

It only takes someone to lose something they love to become savage.

Greedier.

Even with the lack of sight, smell and sound she could feel the presence of his brother, the trees, the birds in their nests, how the wind caressed her hair and skin, five figures from afar watching carefully.

Sight seemed like an idiot now that it was gone, touch made her feel like before the pact she was blind.

To see something clearly takes more than just using the eyes.

Because there are things the eyes would never be aware of, every sense is needed to understand something completely.

If you only use your listening people would lie to you.

If you only use your eyes people would hide things to you.

That's why we usually fall for lies and fake smiles.

In the purgatory, you need to suffer to find salvation.

That's when we get to our limits, and our body moves on its own for their own sake.