Chapter 41

Welcome to
Volume II

The days getting colder with the dry leaves falling, full coffee shops and people wearing thick layers of clothing, the coziness in the air as three students were walking in the mall.

One of them always walking ahead and checking on the showcases, looking for something interesting or useful to buy. His big jet-black sweater and dark gray scarf that almost hid the lower half of his face.

Willing to walk ahead instead of always being at the back of his classmates before a certain girl arrived to the institute. Feelings blooming along with his personality, more independent and a little carefree.

Fushiguro was too invested on watching the showcases that he wasn't aware of a foreign figure.

A woman asking him for permission to enter the store because he was blocking the door without noticing. A bow from him and peach cheeks as he apologized and moved to the side.

A dark aura around the boy for embarrassing himself.

I'm an idiot..

Of course his classmates saw the show..

Itadori more concerned than the other one.

"He's been acting weird lately, don't you think?" asked Itadori looking at Kugisaki, but the last one was too busy staring at her shopping bags.

Actually, the black haired boy had been clumsier than usual and easy to distract, which wasn't normal coming from him.

"I don't know, boys are weird" the caramel haired girl spouted.

"What do you mean?" The boy asked frowning a little at his comrade that didn't seem interested on their classmate's behavior.

Kugisaki sighed, Itadori didn't get it either.

"Boys rather act stupid than ask for advice" she said with confidence in her words.

Itadori looked at his hands and played with them, maybe she was true on that one, but it didn't help his friend at all. Even if he had a clue on what was going on, he needed to confirm his theories.

The pink haired boy looked at his friend for a second and frowned a little.

Is this related to that question he asked me once?

Just one day after Y/N arrived from Yamagata.

~

"Itadori, do you think words are always important?" The dark haired boy asked out of the sudden.

Both students at the garden of the Institute, Itadori wanted some fresh air and dragged Fushiguro outside, the last one taking a book with him to kill some time knowing that the beaming boy would most likely spend hours on his phone.

Usually, Itadori would just answer to whatever Fushiguro asked, honest and blunt. But sometimes he wondered how many things the shikigami user wanted to say in such abstract questions.

"I wouldn't say always, but sometimes they're necessary. Like your favorite food" he said sad smiling a little, looking like a dork.