XVIII

"I want to go." I ignored him. He couldn't go. I didn't think this through.

  "Midoriya, please. That's enough. We'll talk about it later." We were at the hospital already, I didn't want this subject to come up in front of everyone. I don't want to explain anything to anyone. 

  "There's nothing to talk about! I'm going with you." I walked in front of him, I needed him to stop talking about it, but the only way for him to do that is if I tell him he will. But I can't promise him anything. 

  "Alright, we're entering. Not another word about this." I didn't wait for his answer. I entered the doors of hell itself. 

  The moment I entered I was treated by the friendly face of my mother. She smiled down at me, I guess she's glad I came. 

  "He's waiting for you. Room 143." I didn't hesitate. I ran as fast as I could to room 143. 'He's waiting for you.' That meant he was awake. That he woke up. 

  He woke up. 

  Small, silent tears made a path down my face. He was alive. 

  I stopped in front of his room. The door was closed. I wanted to open it so bad. Yet, my hand wouldn't move an inch. 

  I felt guilty. 

  I actually felt guilty. 

  "Y/n. You came." Kirishima whispered, standing in front of me with his hand on the door. He was covering me. "He's awake?" I replied in the same whisper.

  "Yeah." He said sourly. His face was worrying me. Was something wrong? 

  "Who's that?" I heard a small voice. 

  My heart completely sank. He was awake. He was really awake. 

  More and more tears made their way out of my eyes. I couldn't help it. He was awake!

  "Take it easy." He warned in a concerning tone. 

  I nodded. He walked out of the way and slowly my eyes peeked into the room. I saw the foot of the bed. 

  Then his entire lower half. His chest. His neck. 

  His face

  He had his eyes closed, he looked normal. A few bruises, but no swelling. He was laid flat with no casts. 

  I took silent steps. I didn't want him to wake up or open his eyes. I would have no idea what I would do if he looked at me. 

  "I can't hear you but I know you're there." His eyes gently opened. We made eye contact. Those red eyes. 

   "I guess I became an expert at walking without a noise." I chuckled. He was okay. 

  "I can't hear you." He repeated. 

  "Nothing," I said louder. 

  I watched as his eyes watered. His eyes were telling me to go. Something was wrong. 

  "I can't hear you." His voice cracked. 

  I walked over closer to him. The car cash must've hurt his ears in some way. Of course, he would have difficulty hearing. 

  There was a chair beside his bed. I walked over to sit on it. 

  "How are you?" He stared at me blankly. 

   I reached for his hand. He took it into his. "How are you?" I repeated but louder. 

  Again he stared at me blankly.