XIV

How did I get here?

  How did I get to this point? The point where I can't even sleep at night? I was living peacefully in California.

  But then again, this was my choice.

  I was the only one to blame.

  "What do you want to do today?" Midoriya rubbed my scalp.

  We lay together in my bed. Cuddled up together. The tv just playing in the background. None of us putting any attention to it.

  "I don't know. I've been wanting to do it for a while now." I rise my head up. Using his chest for support.

  "You want to?" He asked confused.

  I nodded enthusiastically.

  It had been a while since we've done it.

  He pushed me off of him and got off the bed. I watched him as he started to take off his shirt.

  "What are you doing?" I stared at his chest.

  I was so jealous.

  "You said you wanted to do it." His shirt was halfway his elbows. His bare chest was exposed to me.

  "I meant race you idiot. It has been a while since we last raced!" Now that I thought about it.

  Midoriya and I never actually did it. I never allowed him too. Or he never tried. He was a respectful guy despite his mood swings.

  He's never asked me for it.

  But seeing it now, he just held it all in.

  "Oh. Well I could tell the guys if they want to go.
You should ask your mom." I laughed in surprise.

  This month that has gone by, everyone seemed to love my mom. And who wouldn't? She was just like us despite her age.

  She understood us better than most people.

  "Don't tell me you have a crush on my mother." I swung the blanket off of me. I was tired.

  I didn't do anything all day but stay in here with him. Not doing anything in particular, just spending quiet time together.

  Little by little. I was starting to feel something for him. I hated it so much.

  I could never admit it.

  But my heart raced whenever he was near. And whenever he left, it felt so empty.

  He basically lives in my room now.

  "You know. It's been a month." He said slowly.

  I stared at him.

  "What about it?" I slipped my feet into my slippers. I wondered what he would say.

  He was hesitant to say whatever he was going to say.

  After a few seconds I just started at him. Was it something bad?

  "Our deal."

  I scratched my hand behind my back.

  "What deal?" I chuckled. I knew exactly what deal he was talking about.

  "You know what I'm talking about. So what now. Do you want to end it or." His voice drifted away. End it? End what?

  "Why would you even say that?" I smiled.

  "What is that supposed to mean?" I couldn't admit it. I couldn't admit the fact that I had fallen for him.

  "I don't know. Figure it out. I'll tell the guy if they want to go or not." I walked passed him.