Why the hell is he saying this?!

Elijah was shocked. He stood there stunned. Everyone was actually.

"What? Why are you saying this? Nothing is gonna happen to you. You will be the Don with me by your side till your heir takes over", Elijah said angrily looking away.

I close my eyes taking a deep breath. I knew what was happening.

"I know that Lijah, but you know I have to consider all possibilities. You were trained to be a Don incase something happens to me. So promise me now", Ales said in a soft tone.

"Yes I am trained to be the Don, but only after you. That time will never come", Elijah said adamantly raising his voice.

My brothers look at both of them sadly. We all know Elijah will never even consider something happening to Ales. Ales was doing his job as a Don, but I don't think anyone was liking it.

"You don't know that", Ales said sternly.

"Well you don't either", Elijah retorted.

To be honest none of us were shocked that this conversation was happening.

"Just say it Elijah. You have Ben by your side. Leo, tony, all our brothers and Val. You'll have all the help", Ales said sternly.

Elijah pinched the bridge of his nose and tuned away frustrated. Ben was extremely sad.

"You know you will have to take over whether you like it or not Elijah. But I just wanna be assured that the American mafia will always be with the Costellos. You're a born leader too. So again promise me that you'll challenge Dimitri and take back what's ours if at all the circumstances demand that", Ales said softly and carefully.

We all look at lijah who was clearly hating this conversation and Ales knew that.

Elijah stared at Ales for half a minute. I knew the answer, but we all still waited for it.

"Goes without saying. What's ours will always be ours. But nothing will happen to you. Ever. So you dare not speak like that again. I may be trained to take the reins, but you'll always be the one who the reins belong to", Elijah warned gritting his teeth.

Ales smiled proudly. My brothers smile looking at their elder brothers.

"I'm sorry to put you in this position, but you know it was required", Ales smiled affectionately.

Elijah sighs and nods. Ben grabs his hand and smiled comfortingly.

Leo and Antonio pat Ales's back smiling.

Matteo and I share a look. I knew he hated to even think about losing one of them. I sigh and smile a bit. He just looked at me stressed.

"Now we- ", Angelo started talking when someone barged inside the office.

We all look at that person in alarm. He was panting heavily which meant he was running.

"What is it?", Leo asked in his Don voice.

"Boss our base was attacked by Oliver's men", That man said frantically.

Antonio and Leo immediately stood up.

"What?", Antonio said pissed.

"Yes boss. Our men held a strong fight and of course his men had to retreat soon, but it was all too fast and easy for some reason. Our head fighters think it must be some strategy", The man said.

We all frowned.

"Or a distraction", I mutter.

Everyone looks at me confused.