His eyes flick upwards and lock on mine, and I swear there's a twinkle of mischievous intent in his gaze. "You're asking for my silence?" He moves from behind his desk and begins walking toward me.

I nod, trying not to take a step back.

"You came all the way to my office," He takes a larger step forward, now fully in pursuit of me as I try to back away again only to be stopped by the wall next to his office door. "to ask me to keep quiet about last night?" His eyes glint again and he chuckles darkly. "As if I would tell anyone?"

"St-Steven." I start pressing my hands into the wall.

"C-Connie." He mocks. He stops a mere inch from me, suffocating me in his essence. I feel myself growing needy and hot. "You're a gorgeous woman, Connie." He says this quietly, like a prayer and raises a hand to lift my chin up higher. His eyes flicker and change color again, I see it. Carnality and hunger accompanies the color and I gasp quietly. He blinks and they don't change.

They don't change.

Then they do, he shuts his eyes tightly and breathes in. I mentally berate myself, knowing that my dress probably was mingling with his eyes. Again, I find myself almost being pressed against the wall by him and I clear my throat.

"This... isn't appropriate, Steven." I try to say it firmly and push his hand away but... The way he's touching me is taking away my ability to think clearly. It comes out weak and unsure.

He smiles sightly and rubs a thumb over my bottom lip. He leans in slowly, placing his other arm on the opposite side of me. He's effectively cornered me now. His face gets closer to mine and I inhale. I'm shocked at how my body responds to his, how much I seem to want him to touch me more. His cheek touches mine, and he whispers darkly in my ear, "Do you want me to stop?"

I whimper, words catching in my throat. What is happening to me? I can't even protect myself against this man taking advantage of my weakness anymore.

"Answer me." His tone draws a quiet 'no.' from my lips and I turn my head away from him.

A cold metal thing rubs against my forearm and I grab it quickly, the noise shaking both of us out of the moment.

Steven backs away, his face mildly red. He returns behind his desk and sits immediately as his hot gaze roams over me again.

"You realize that comes with a price?" He says.

I blink. No, I didn't know that. I'm still stunned by what just happened. "And what might that be?" Now that he's farther away I can find my confidence and business-like attitude again. Better to pretend whatever just happened didn't happen. Just like father taught me.

"Come to dinner with me." He says it in a non optional way.

"Steven I can't-" I start in protest but he cuts me off.

"It's merely business. I want to show you what I've been dreaming up." He is acting like he didn't nearly pin me against the wall, like I didn't almost beg him to keep touching me. He's completely stone-faced and I'm shocked.

"A-all right. Sounds good." The embarrassed panic sets in and I grip the knob.

"Connie?"

I turn it and slightly open the door before turning to him. "Yes?"

"Wear the red dress tonight." He smiles, looking slightly devilish as he lets that wicked gaze roam over me yet again. "I like you in red." There's an undercurrent to his request. An unspoken meaning, as if he's demanding I wear red to please him and no one else.

I'm so startled by his request I can't answer him. Instead, I push open the door and practically run down the hall back to the elevator. Back to the safety of my floor and my office, back to normalcy and away from those lusty thoughts that swirl within me every time I'm close to Steven. And he was close. Close enough to kiss.

Not that I want to.

But his words echo in my head for the rest of the morning and I find myself restlessly checking my inbox again and again, hitting refresh so many times I start to annoy myself. The fear that nags at me won't let up. What if he forgets? What if he has to cancel? What if he's changed his mind and decides he doesn't want to see me tonight after all?

And why do I want to see him again so badly?

I shudder at the thought of the way he touched me last night, and then just now. My skin tingles just thinking about it, and I wonder what it would feel like if he touched me with more purpose. If he sunk his hands into my hair and held me still, his mouth descending upon mine. I have no doubt he's an expert kisser. A master at seduction. He's so tall and muscular, I can only imagine what his body must be like. Not that Kevin has a bad one, but he's a little soft in spots. It comes with the desk job, and considering Steven has one, too ... but from what I can tell there's nothing soft on that man's body whatsoever. Except, perhaps, his thigh curly hair.

Oh, and his lips. Maybe his fingers, too.

A shiver moves down my spine at the thought.

An email comes through and I see Stevens name. I click on it eagerly, smiling despite my annoyance. I should be doing a thousand and one things at the moment and instead I'm waiting for emails like a silly teenager waiting for her boyfriend to call.

Clearly I've lost my mind. And I can't blame it on the alcohol any longer. I may be hung over, but I am stone-cold sober.

Connie,

I've made arrangements for us to have dinner at La Belle's at eight o'clock. I know you work late on Fridays so I tried to get the latest reservation I could.

I sink my teeth into my lower lip, my gaze snagged on the last sentence I read. Had Kevin ever tried to accommodate me in any way?

That would be a definite no.

I figured we could just ride over together. I've arranged for a car. Unless you wanted to go home first, which I completely understand. Let me know.

Best,

Steven

I should make him wait. I should get on that phone call I've been meaning to make for the last few days. Fill out the boring paperwork Stevonnie left me with last Friday that I still haven't done.

Instead, I hit REPLY and immediately type out my response.

Dear Steven,

That sounds wonderful. It's Friday so it'll be closely packed in but I'm sure we can find a more private area to work in. I appreciate your accomodations as well.

Thank you,

Connie

I have to force myself to re read it only once before I hit the paper airplane icon. Was I sounding promiscuous when I said we could find a private area? Did that sound riské?

His reply hits my in-box so quickly it shocks me.

I arranged for us to have a private room so we won't disturb anyone. I hope you don't mind. I wanted your undivided attention while I talk to you.

Oh. Swallowing hard, I hit REPLY.

If that's what you want, then you'll have it.

I let my finger hover over the mouse for one beat. Two. Before I finally close my eyes and hit SEND.

That's what I want more than anything. Looking forward to tonight.

S

The pleasure that blooms within me makes me smile and I cover my face with my hands, shaking my head. I feel like an alien has taken over my body and is making me say these things, think these things. I have never in my life sent any sort of innuendo-filled email to anyone, not even Kevin. A few moments with Steven and I act like I want him to jump me.

I sort of do want him to jump me.

Oh God what am I doing?