Always lurking

Liz and Tony both agreed that looking further into Steve's hunch was worth a shot. That was when Liz got all got all coy. "Spill." Nat instructed, opening her laptop. Tony and Steve nodded.

"So, um, in 2014, Nat, you dumped the files onto the internet." Liz began.

"I did." Nat said.

"And I was a stupidly bored fourteen-year-old girl." 

"I bet." 

"And that stupidly bored fourteen-year-old girl kind of decrypted all of the encrypted files..?" Liz asked-stated.

Jaws dropped. "All of them? When you were only fourteen?" Tony asked skeptically. "Yes. Halliday, pull up the decrypted files." Liz commanded. Halliday projected the files from the nearest projector. "Wow." Nat was surprised. "Those files would be hella hard to decrypt." "Yeah, well, when a teen is bored, she'll do just about anything to occupy herself." Liz said modestly. "Hey, guys, what's this?" Steve pointed to the bottom corner of the projection.

"Looks like..." Tony started, thinking hard. "The upside-down H.Y.D.R.A. symbol." Nat and Liz finished in sync. They high-fived and then turned back the the projection. Liz clicked on it. Nothing happened.  "Ooookay, well, at least the logo is something." Steve concluded. "No shit, Sherlock." Nat, Tony, and Lizzi all said in unison.

"Language!"

What none of them realized was that the flipped symbol had a shadow, lurking behind it.

I think that I'm going to take a writing break for a few days. Hope y'all don't mind. Sorry.

Xoxo Liv