Chapter 1: Going to school

Zero, The current champion of the Roria region. No one knew anything about him besides that he has only ever had to use 4 pokemon:

Scizor, Staraptor, Arcanine, Sharpedo.

No one knows his actual name and his appearance as he wears a black helmet and robes

He was currently in a meeting between the champions but the Kanto Champion wasn't there

He was currently in a meeting between the champions but the Kanto Champion wasn't there. Rumours say he is in isolation on an ice-cold mountain. As the champions were wrapping up the meeting, Steven stated something towards Zero that was on his mind.

(A/N: for story purposes, let's say there is no Johto champion as I don't know who was champion in Johto before Lance.)

Steven: "You know Zero, I never realised until now about how little you speak during these meetings."

Iris: "Now that I think about it. You only ever speak if you need to present something or if someone asks me a question."

Zero: "Well my mother always said 'to only speak when you have something important to say or if spoken to'."

Iris: "Wow you still follow those parental rules? You're such a kid!"

Everyone sweatdropped at Iris' comment. Then Cynthia asks a question which grabs everyone that was present attention.

Cynthia: "Since, we are on the topic of you, Zero. I've got to ask. Why do you wear that mask?"

Everyone turned towards Zero.

Zero: "Well, I've always wanted to become champion but I always hated attention and popularity. If everyone knew who I was then people would always be asking for battles or autographs. With this mask, I can go to the different cities, regions without being recognised and no one would bother me and I can do my business peacefully. Tell me have any of you been able to go to different shops or cities without fans or people asking for autographs and pictures without a disguise?"

Everyone thought about it and sighed as neither of them have ever gone anywhere without a disguise so no one would recognise them.

Iris: "He's right. I love the popularity and all but it's sometimes stressful when I try to have a peaceful time at any café."