(30) Battle to the death

Ivory's POV:

I woke up and for the first time in three days I can feel all my limbs. I have never missed my arms and legs so much in my life, I'll ever take them for granted again. I looked over expecting to see Loki but instead I see Thor slumped over the side of the bed. In all honesty I was a little disappointed but no way would I ever admit that. I poke Thor's back and he jolts up, "What's wrong?! Are you okay?!" He asks in a panic looking around the room, I chuckle. "Actually, I've never felt better." He give me a warm smile, "I think the process is nearly over then Lady Ivory! I'll go call brother!" I nod and lift myself up, although I feel very faint I stagger out of bed. Holding onto the side of the wall I grip onto the back of a chair and climb onto it then roll over to land very gracefully (not). I curl up and shut my eyes for a minute, I open my eyes again to the sound of the bedroom door opening. I sit up and rub my eyes looking up to see who came  in, my eyes are met with an emerald green pair. "What are you doing over there little bird?" I yawn and shrug, "Wanted to walk a bit." He nods and makes his way over to me, he places his hand on my cheek and smiles. "You'll feel faint for the remainder of the day then it'll be done, you'll be healthy again." I flap my now healthy wings and chirp, "Can we go back now?" His smile falters a little bit, "Tomorrow little bird. Tomorrow." I nod and latch myself around his neck, he accepts it and let's me wrap myself around him. He sits on the couch with me  on top of him, we don't talk we simply hug. Loki strokes my hair back and hums, I happily nuzzle into him. Things couldn't get much better than this.

Later that afternoon

Loki's POV:

"Brother!" Thor runs up to me slightly out of breathe. I give him a questioning look, "We have to go back! There's a Hydra attack with a new enhanced. They need us." I look towards Ivory's room and sigh. I don't really want to leave her. "Fine let's go before I regret my decision." He nods and we run down the halls and down the stable were we climb onto our horses and rise out to Heimdall. He opens the Bifrost and we are back in the compound. "Good you're here." A familiar sarcastic voice says, "I would say I missed you but I'd be lying." Tony scoffs, "Isn't that your thing?" I  roll my eyes . Fury breaks us up and tells us the situation, he then has us jump in the jet to the location. It was a short ride.

As soon as we got there the battle had begun, everyone was surrounded by agents, everyone was fighting bullets, knifes, blades, and even enhanced. It was a chaotic fight. Things were going our way but at some point they called in for reinforcements, we were outnumbered.

Ivory's POV:

I flew around, testing out my balance and agility when Frigga came in, "Sweetie, I don't know if you know but the boys are back in Midgard fighting against something called 'Hydra'. They told me to not tell you but I feel as if you should know." As she said 'Hydra' my feathers puffed up and all I saw was red, I flew as fast as my wings could take me to Heimdall. He was happy to see me but not happy with what I asked, he knew the dangers of Midgard and the fight going on. "Lady Ivory you are not fully healed yet..." I nod, "I know but I cannot stand still when they are in danger....They have done so much for me. I can never return the favour. Please Heimdall, I know I'm asking a lot." He sighs and opens the Bifrost, "This should let you land not far from the fight." My face lights up and I run up hugging his waist, love being short, "Thanks a lot!" With that I fly into the Bifrost. I'm hit with the nauseating feeling again but make it through easy enough.

All around me I can hear explosions and crashing sounds, my heart drops and I rush over to where the sounds come from. Everyone is fighting for dear life, each one engaged in battle with at least four Hydra  per person. Steve, Bucky, Tony and Nat were handling things pretty well but Peter, Thor and Loki were surrounded by more than they can deal with. I fly over to Thor first and crash into two Hydra agents out of the way and into some rubble. Thor looks at me wide eyed and I scratch the back of my head whilst I laugh awkwardly, "Umm bye!" I shout as I fly off to Loki, latching myself onto an agent and flying him high up, I then drop him onto some rubble. Then a loud voice calls me down, "Ivory what in Odin's beard are you doing here?! You're meant to be resting!" I look at him with a serious expression "I couldn't sit still whilst you guys get hurt! Not after everything you guys have done for me!" He goes to yell at me again but an agent starts to fight him so he gets side tracked. I take the chance to fly off and help a certain spider boy.

I let out my 'talons' and hold onto an agent by his hands making sure he can't escape, I start to do a bunch of flips continuing to spin until I got dizzy and then I threw the man. The group got surrounded so I swooped down and landed using my wings to push the agents as far away as possible. All was going well until another wave of dizziness hots me and I'm on the ground. That's when I feel someone watching me closely and it wasn't a look of concern, I turned around to see a teenager. He was maybe 14 by and he wielded fire, his eyes were filled with rage, his and on fire and exhaling flames along with smoke. I felt my heart drop again, another child is to be injured for Hydra's selfish gains.

"Please kid don't do this!" I yell from the ground, he smirks and shakes his head. "Oh but I want to do this. I was treated like a freak for loving fire but Hydra didn't care in fact they helped me gain these powers." I shake my head and a tears fall. "Please! Their not who you think they are! They don't care for you...I was there for one year and they tortured me throughout the entire year. Please don't do this you can use your power for good!" I reach my arm out and retract my 'talons'. He scoffs and grabs my arm flipping me over, sending me to the ground, I heard a dreadful cracking sound as I hit the floor. I look over, my wings are fine but my left arm is most definitely broken. I sit up groaning and clutching my arm, Loki and Peter are running over but I block them with my wings then get into a battle stance. The boy grins and gets into a defensive stance as well, we stand there for a second then we are at each others throats fighting like animals. 

We throw each other about, bite, scratch, punch, and kick each other; I don't see Loki or Peter anymore making me think they either had to get back into the fight or we somehow managed to separate ourselves from them. "Ready to give up?" The boy growls as he right hooks my chest sending me off to the side, I groan knowing that at least two ribs were just broken. I stand up and hiss, "Never!" Even though I've gotten better I'm still not fully healed so my healing abilities still aren't up to par, I'm definitely gong to need to visit the med ward. I inhale slowly and exhale, calming myself so I can think rationally. Looking around there are many things I can use to my advantage here.

Hearing his foot steps get closer I dodge to the side and swipe under his feet sending him to the ground, I then proceed to hide on a ledge ,that was originally part of an office building, as he stands back up. He looks around for me unable to find me. I grin and swoop around him, disorientating him as much as possible. "Come out and fight me you coward!" He yells throwing his hands up in the air in a fit of rage. I crouch on the edge of a different chunk of a building and ready myself. I do a little wiggle waiting for him to turn around in an attempt to find me. Once he turned his back, I jumped of the crumbling building and close my wings, speeding down to him. We clash and roll over the rubble, I then throw him off me before he can do anything back, but I was a bit late in throwing him. He pulled out a knife and sliced my chest down to my hip, I growled as I threw him off of me into a wall not seeing the poles sticking out of the side.

The sound of him hitting the wall echoes in my ears and I run over to him in a panic, well I limped over. He didn't fight me or try to hurt me, he just cupped my cheek and smiled then whispered something before his body became limp. I screamed both in agony and remorse. Looking around the area around us began crumbling, feeling bad I grabbed the boy's body and dragged it back with me. Somehow I endured and got through the crumbling buildings into a clear area, I placed down his body and laid down beside him feeling weak. Faint yelling pulled me out from the darkness.

"-VRY! IVORY!" It was Loki and Peter. I think they found me because a second later a pair of arms scooped me up, "Don't fall asleep. Please little bird!" I smile wearily and open my eyes again. "Hey..." He strokes my hair out of my face, "Your going to be fine." He assures me, I look over to the boy and sigh. "Please give him a proper burial, he didn't deserve to die how he did..." Loki nods and I wipe a tear from his eye. I turn my head to Peter and I cup his cheek as well, "Peter was I really a ball of energy with extra energy on 5 cups of coffee when I was younger?" Peter chuckles softly and nods, I look up. "Damn..." I double over in pain now all the adrenaline left my body, my breathe is rugged and slowing down. That must've woken them up because they began rushing through the rubble to the medics. My eyes opened and closed many times as I felt very tired and weak. When I open my eyes again I can hear a female voice yelling something about blood loss and getting to an operation room then my eyes shut and everything goes black.

A/n: Don't panic this isn't the last chapter! The next two chapters will be different outcomes. Hope you've enjoyed so far. Please vote so I know you've enjoyed it!