(12) Learning

No one's POV:

After a long night of Ivory waking up from numerous nightmares brought on from her being nervous for the big day. That night she spent the night in Tony's room as he's the only proper adult who can work with her at 2 am (never wake up Fury at night).

Tony's POV:

Although its been a long night for both me and Ivory, she is full of energy and ready to take on the world. 5 am on the dot she wakes up and makes a break for the door "where are you going?" she pauses and looks at me "to get ready for school" She leaves and I tilt my head "hasn't she got like another 3 hours before school starts?" I sigh and roll over to sleep.

It felt like I had only been asleep for a few seconds when I feel someone shaking my arms "-ke up!" I ignore it and try to go back to sleep "wake up!" I jolt up from the bed "hu!?" After my eyes eventually adjust to the darkness I notice a big set of wings on a small figure, who else would be crazy enough to wake me up at this time "what's up kiddo?"

She picks up her phone which now has a lock screen of all the avengers she's close with (Tony ,Loki, Thor, Peter, Fury, Nat, Bucky, and Steve, with Ivory in the middle). Again my eyes have to adjust to the very bright phone. "Ivory its only 7 am, relax. School starts in an hour" she shakes me to get up again and I sigh "How about you go wake Peter for us hmm?" She grins and runs off "JARVIS?" I call "yes Tony" A robotic voice answers "record Peter's room once Ivory enters and send it to me" "Sure thing Tony". I roll back over for a little bit more sleep.

No one's POV:

As soon as Ivory had left Tony's room she flew over to peter's room and quietly landed outside his door. She creaked open the door letting a sliver of light into the dark room, then quietly crept in. She closed the door and and jumped onto the bed landing right on top of him "wakey wakey Peter!" You could hear a loud "oof!" And Peter immediately jumps up out of bed "Ivory its 7 am why are you waking me up." She pushes Peter into his bathroom and leaves him with "shower" and closes the door then leaves the room. Peter sighs and gets ready for school in record time by 7:30 Peter was in the lounge on the couch laughing with Ivory in his lap.

Steve walks into the room shocked to see Peter awake and energetic so early. "Peter are you alright? Have you got a fever?" He laughs as he walks over and puts his hand on Peter's forehead. "No steve I'm fine, I had a little help waking up" he points towards Ivory and they all laugh. "It's a little early but you want to go get in the car to head out?" Ivory furiously nods and Peter just gives up and agrees "sure why not". They then head to the elevator and make their way to the car, Peter picked Ivory up into the car and placed her beside him then Steve begins the car engine. The car ride was barely 15 minutes long. So by 7:50 they get dropped off and walk to where Ivory's class will be, they say their goodbyes and Peter walks to his first class.

Ivory's POV:

After Peter leaves the room people begin to turn up and stare a me weirdly but I ignore they're weird looks and look out the window. Once the teacher arrives she starts the lesson but before hand she has me introduce myself "I'm Ivory. I'm 14" the teacher asked if anyone has any questions and lots of kids hands shot up. "Where did you live before you came here" I honestly answered his question "I lived in a forest with the wildlife" another boy chirps in "why?" I looked over at the boy "my 'parents' abandoned me cause I had albinoism and wings" the class quietened down. Until a girl put her hand up "who are you living with now then? We're you adopted?" I scratch my head "no I haven't been adopted but I live with the avengers" the class began to get loud 'awesome!' 'No way!' A lot of responses were heard but ignored most of them. And sat down at the back of the class and listened to the teacher learning about history, maths and English. Then it was lunchtime and the bell rang, I opened the window and jumped out. I dropped until I flew up, everyone was by the window, I think it looked cool. Flying around the same area as the day before I found Peter, once again I made a crash landing this time Peter avoided being crushed by me this time. This time I crashed into a bunch of seats and rolled into the wall covering most the blow with my wings "hey Peter" I awkwardly laugh as I'm upside down between a bunch of chairs. He sighs and walks over to me then picks me up, immediately I attach myself to him like a koala, then walks up to his friends. "Guys this is Ivory. The one I was telling you about" they waved and said hi, we then went to go get food and ate at a lunch table which I obviously sat on.

Then when the bell rang again I flew back to my classroom and entered through the window, the next two lessons was PE and science. Then I met up with Peter outside my classroom and we walked out to the car park where Steve was waiting, leaning against the car for us. I run up and hug him, whilst Peter walks up after me. "How was your day Ivory?" Steve asks "It was okay, I learnt about......" I ramble on about everything I learnt in detail during the entire car ride back. When we got back I was called to Bruce's lab, I flew over cause flying is easier than walking. "Hey Ivory" Bruce gently smiles and I walk into the room "hi" I wave and sit on the chair crossed legged as I got told off last time I sat on one of Bruce's counters cause of all the 'dangerous stuff' in the lab. "so I got your blood work results" I nod as if to say 'cool' and he goes on for awhile about my genetic make up and other boring things until we get to something that actually grabs my attention "....your body has the ability to heal itself as we know but from the blood work, I've found you should also be able to heal others with your blood too. Although it is weak and can only heal small and shallow wounds it can help you out if necessary." I nod and get ready to leave when Bruce asks one final question "what are all your powers?" I look at him and think. He knows about my wings and that I can heal "I can talk to animals, Fury already knows this too" Bruce nods and notes what I said down. "I also have enhanced senses and finally.." I lift up my hand then grow out my 'talons' "you got a spare piece of strong metal laying around?" he gets up and comes back with a piece of scrap metal, he holds it up and within seconds of seeing the sheet I slice it in half. "That's it" He thanks me and picks up the metal and says goodbye as I walk out the door.

No one's POV:

The school week comes to an end, Tony and Fury set up a test for her when she got home that was made for Peter's grade. She completes it with 45 minutes to spare and she got everything correct- gotta love photographic memory- the only issue was her handwriting was horrible. Something Tony was willing to let go though. After seeing the results Tony had Ivory join Peter's grade then once she completed everything in his grade she learnt university level stuff and the tower. This took about a year to fully finish.

During that year, she grew a little and celebrated her birthday properly for the first time which she loved. Other than her birthday and learning the rest of the year she also began training harder so she could beat, Peter and Tony in a fight, she was still working on beating Thor. The others didn't know this but this was the best year of her life.